#1March 8th, 2006 · 01:59 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Innocence

This song is not in a battle

A love song I  wrote when I was 15-16. I fell in love with a girl who moved 1000 miles away. (One reason I started playing guitar in the first place).
  I thought I would record this song three years later just so I could always remember her. Thought I would share this one because it's one of my first songs I ever wrote. The chords are simple and I don't change the chord progression at all through the song. It's just a pure, simple love song.  All criticism is welcome. Thanks

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2006 · 03:30 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
i like your guitar sound, some nice reverb on it... vocals are alright too , keep it up
#3March 8th, 2006 · 07:34 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
re: pretty and sad....
a118 wrote…
is it you playing the drums too? i like this....very nice for  one of the first song to have ever written...id like to hear some of your more advanced/polished stuff

No, I'm not playing the drums here. My best friend Mike is playing the drums in this song (He also plays drums in all the songs I have uploaded). I play the acoustic guitar and sing on this song and the guy who produced this demo threw down the bass riff. Thanks
#4March 9th, 2006 · 01:32 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Venezuela
yes man
I feel it

I myself have wrote songs like this one, check transistorize

keep it up
#5May 15th, 2006 · 01:48 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
beautiful chord progression.
Especially the intro and the outro.
I like your Cobain style voice but I think for this song a softer one would fit better anyway bring it a bit more to the front.
#6May 21st, 2006 · 02:12 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Pretty good, I know my first song wasn't  this good. Criticism ok. I'm not going to go into production, cause alot of that is gear. The only things I'll mention, are things you can fix pretty easy. Overall levels are out, try to mix it so you here every thing, use the stereo field to seperate. Try using an eq and play around with diffrent eq settings on your instruments(especially your drums).  Now to the song. The layout of the songs ok.
The biggest thing is your vocals I like the rougher voice, you just need to watch your pitch.  You could do like Cobain, or Joe Cocker, and smooth your voice out some with a little more reverb, like use a bigger room but keep the length down.
Lyrics are real good. So in all, a good tune, just tweak it some.
#7June 6th, 2006 · 03:13 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
not bad man. not bad at all
#8June 30th, 2006 · 05:56 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
FIRST SONG!!!
This is an awesome first song.  The only thing I would have done is bring out the vocals alittle.  The blend alittle too much with the music.  Then again my first recorded song is no where near this good.   You got a gift man.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.