#1March 5th, 2006 · 06:25 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Station

This song is not in a battle

This is a co-production of me and PuppetXeno. 
I just played the guitar and the synth and he added  the fantastic lyrics and drums.  I really think its a great song because of Puppets work. I hope you enjoy it. 

Station

so I've tried to live my nights in black
and my days in sleep-in dreams
but now it's cold along the metal trail
where the hours on hours drip by too slow

and the wind cuts through my coat
as the lights cut through the rain
as I ache with every sigh
blinding thoughts they only dwell to strain

I stepped up into the glass
it was a scent that drove me here
it was a kiss that put me back
and I could not persevere

and so I've lived my nights in black
I lived to all my failing might
and though the lights are closing now
I shall try to stay aside

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2006 · 06:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
paralized of the performance I had listen to it a few times. The drums are well done and have a giant room, the lyrics are great. The ending is imo a bit too sudden. The solo guitar from 1:00 to 2:00 is too loud. I would like to hear more voice in foreground. I wonder why I was paralized. perhaps a futuristic sound? You both did a cool work.
#3March 6th, 2006 · 04:01 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great shame about the abrupt ending, sounds like it was going to finish but the last bit got cut off somehow!
Pretty nice mix, Puppet comes through well with the drums again - the mix overall is slightly off though....

-     Solo guitar is just a bit too loud, and possibly a little too clean for the music I feel. 
-     Bass is nice. 
-     Synth is great. 
-     The dist guitar coming in at 2:38 has a great feel to it, and makes the whole production bigger somehow. 
-     I disagree with TK about the vocals, I think the voice is about where it should be in the mix.

All in all an interesting piece of work, and quite an enjoyable listen although it's not the usual stuff I'd listen to.  Dare I say, it's slightly reminiscent of U2's music - and the way the vocals are sung reminds me of David Bowie!!!

Pretty good collaboration, well done guys
#4March 6th, 2006 · 09:52 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
great job, very interesting, specially the mix.

the voice reminds me of Bowie too as Jimy wrote.

While I was listen it i hope more intensity. there are so much space between lines.

but, no problem I like it
#5March 6th, 2006 · 11:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, the space between vocal lines may be symbolic to the feeling of having to endlessly wait on a cold and rainy railway station... after a turbulent time in life, wallowing in retrospect.... but then in a very depressed state of mind.... that's what the lyrics are about

I really enjoyed working on this song and tried to add to the initial feel of the guitars-and-synth instrumental track that Amused passed to me. Yes the fade-out is a bit abrupt... maybe I screwed up something... dunno why that happened, it's supposed to last 4:03... hmmmm

Anyways, to me too this is has become an interesting sound and style, maybe something to explore? Who knows!
#6March 6th, 2006 · 12:54 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Hey guys,
I really like this track. It evokes something I can't put my finger on but I like it. what did you use for guitars? PX, have you already listed what equipment you use in your studio elsewhere? If so can you direct me to where? I'm really loving your mixes. It seems you really gravitate to the contemplative, minimalist style of composition, sort of the opposite of my background but you do it so well, enough for me to really groove on it. And the guitars sound great. They definitely add an organic quality to the song. Really good collaboration.
#7March 7th, 2006 · 12:39 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Song
Great stuff guys. I think you work great together. I like the production of the song, it's sounds very professional. I don't know what kind of music this is but it works for me. I really like the tempo and the fullness of this song too. Again the end is a pity but oh well what can you do. I think that you guys could come up with some interesting stuff in the future for sure. Awesome stuff
#8March 7th, 2006 · 02:51 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
This one scared me quite a bit actually. Sounds like it could be part of a dark opera.

- Chester
#9March 8th, 2006 · 09:22 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
alerion wrote…
Hey guys,
I really like this track. It evokes something I can't put my finger on but I like it. what did you use for guitars? PX, have you already listed what equipment you use in your studio elsewhere? If so can you direct me to where? I'm really loving your mixes. It seems you really gravitate to the contemplative, minimalist style of composition, sort of the opposite of my background but you do it so well, enough for me to really groove on it. And the guitars sound great. They definitely add an organic quality to the song. Really good collaboration.

Thank you for all your feedback, I really really appreciate it.  For all of my recordings I use a portable digital home studio Boss BR-864. The only guitar I use is a Fender Strat (Mexican)... All the effects I use are integrated in the "studio"...  hope it helps.
#10March 8th, 2006 · 02:12 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
great song, great sound too, and very well done with the vocals but  that sologuitarsound is a bit poor to me.  a nice soundscape it is for sure!
cooperation worked well!
#11March 9th, 2006 · 01:42 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
As the Guiness brother's would say "Brilliant!". Guitars are hypnotic, good work on that . Something I would listen to alot, close to something I would consider creating myself.
#12May 20th, 2006 · 12:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
tnemecnuonna
EducatedGuess wrote…
This one scared me quite a bit actually. Sounds like it could be part of a dark opera.

- Chester

yeah well, better get ready then, coz this "Dark Opera" is getting a new part any day now...
#13May 20th, 2006 · 01:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
station
I liked this. infact I like this better than my stuff.
the songs i put up are same old cookie cutter stuff this is refreshingly diffrent.
it got a veryhigh vote from me
#14May 21st, 2006 · 01:13 PM
14 posts
Denmark
this is amazing! I never heard anything like this!

I can feel the cold rain on the station, waiting for hours!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.