#1March 4th, 2006 · 02:37 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
If I .....
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 16 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

This was in my opinion the best effort that was put together by me and my crew of mates in our recording spree. Top notch performances all round from everyone, nicely laid out and well played. I love this tune because it was written by my and my old bassist John @nodge' Buckley waaaaaaay back in the days of our first bands and it somehow lingered on in different forms until we laid it to rest in this recording.

Its a song about regrets i guess. People always come back to me and say something new about it. People get different vibes from it and for that im really glad.

Thanks to Alan on Bass, Shane on vocals,Dekki on drums again and of course Mick my engineer. I say "MY" because he's been with me ever since we started making music, always there to tweek the sound till its squeaky clean. Believe it or not but he gave 4 hours of his life setting up the sound of the lead guitar at the end of the tune. (which accidentally got erased at a later point!OOOOPS) So this one is dedicated to all his hard work over the course of the recording project.

Hope you enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Its a good one. this is not my style but....  good bass playing and sound, guitars have cool effects. the voice is a bit overdriven in some parts. the snare is dry imo though it fits to the toms. all in all the songs makes a good rock feeling. cool ending hehe.....
#3March 6th, 2006 · 04:41 PM
9 posts
India
Gooood!
I must say u talking my heart here...... just wanna sit listen to it and then write like a rush.
Rush of the hour of emotion of the crust.......

#4March 6th, 2006 · 05:42 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: If I .....
i have bitched on to loads of bandampers about the fact i cant hear the lyrics.............especially when fuzzy guitars are called for.

I HEAR THE LYRIC

Great!!!!!! You have taken the time in production to remember that a song needs its lyrics to survive as a song!!!!

Its a really difficult thing to do..............well done.......

i don't like this genre ......but I'm impressed with the mix

you got my vote80%

splash
#5March 7th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
vocals reminds me of Pearl Jam-song structure works great.loved that screaming guitar,powerful yet not overwhelming.enjoyed the lyrics.
#6May 31st, 2006 · 10:32 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
top song, great everything thats all i need to say. except the SNARE, personal opinion, i know a lot of people go with that really dry snare sound but i strongly dislike it, apart from that everything is perfectly well played together.

The song SHOULD have ended at 5:25min.... it was the perfect time for the ending, but then you continued it and it dragged on....i'm still giving this song 90% because its insanely awesomely, it really is a way-better-a-than-rest-of-bandamp kind of song.
#7June 12th, 2006 · 12:27 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
very good@!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

just cant crirticise

hey listen to my song KUDOS (AMP)
#8June 17th, 2006 · 02:29 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
ah..

don't really like the style... but mix sounds really good.

if I were to change one thing, it would be to bring the drums up a bit more.

otherwise... got me vote
#9July 16th, 2006 · 05:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
This is a style I like
I really like the song but the chord progression goes a little long for me(easy to do when your rockin). love the guitar sounds on the solo at the end. 50/50 on the distorted vocal sounds,    drummer kicks ass, though I don't like the sound of the drums to much .
overall tight playing and good song.
#10July 22nd, 2006 · 12:50 PM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
good song,I like that....

you need some work with your voice,but just a little......I like the ritm is very contagious
#11August 8th, 2006 · 04:27 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
35 posts
Sweden
Well, I really like this song too, but I think that the vocals should be clean at the chorus, I think it sound like distortion. Maybe this is the same the hole song but I feel it in the chorus.

But anyway, Very professional song you are very tight with your instruments.

//Adam
#12August 8th, 2006 · 06:53 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Slovenia
I like this song. I like the bass, but I hate the vocal distortion. It's hard to understand the lyrics.
#13August 9th, 2006 · 02:11 AM
3 posts
United States of America
not my style but very well played ya'll have talent
#14August 9th, 2006 · 10:46 AM
17 posts
United States of America
This sounds great
I agree with TritonKeyboarder, the vocals are hard to hear in parts. Maybe boost the volume of the vocals just a little bit and work on the fuzzyness in parts...

Some parts of it - mainly the chord progression is reminiscent of Casting Crown's "Set Me Free" Which I love!

Please post lyrics!
#15October 13th, 2006 · 11:45 PM
12 threads / 6 songs
36 posts
United States of America
iF i
Sounds really good but I would bring up your vocals a little bit.
Otherwise it is a good mix
You must like Eddie Vedder Eh!   I do too man
I enjoyed this little number   - Mark from GRUNTLED
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.