#1March 3rd, 2006 · 01:59 PM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
A Different Light

This song is not in a battle

reeeeeli cheesy 80s song. Made when I felt like mucking about on electric pianos.....
Much of the piano is improvised which explains the awful ending....
but yeh.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 3rd, 2006 · 02:38 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, it's 80'!
This is not my cup of tea, but the quality is pretty good. The piano sounds good, except from the ending that sounded really awful. It has a lot of effect... it's chorus or something like that? you should diminish the effect a bit.
Your voice is a bit weak; quite imperfect.

> Iszil
#3March 3rd, 2006 · 02:40 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe, you're spot on about the ending!

Main vocals a bit too up front, which making the backing vocals sound a bit too far back! Apart from that (and the dodgy singing!) it's a nice little ditty!!!

This has the "Canterbury Scene" feel to it (I may have said something similar about your music before).  That's fine though, I love old bands like Caravan / Camel etc.  You say that it's a cheesy 80s song - how about a cheesy 70s song.... that's more like it I think.

Not bad at all.
#4March 3rd, 2006 · 05:57 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Your song of course!
The ending wasn't awful, I quite enjoyed it indeed. "Keep up the good work!" So cliche I know
#5March 4th, 2006 · 12:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
WOw.....

The ending really freaked me out.....   I thought, man.. have I entered an alternate universe?   man... wow...  but the song itself is really pretty good..

Has a strong structure, and a to quote a fish, it has a hook! 

That is important....  The singing I agree is a bit dodgy, but not bad, the levels are off quite a bit...  But I see a great song, with alot of potential...  I think if you re-did this one, and really took some time to do the vocals... and redo that ending..I like the idea of the ending, just you went way into another realm. one you should NEVER go into.. hehehe.. no seriously, take some time, and you can get that freaky ending to make some sense by not going so "all over" the keyboard, but try to stay in your key..   and I think you will come up with something...  that really works...  I truly like the song, but it isn't battle ready...

I am not going to rate this song, and I would suggest you declare peace, and resubmit it to the battle when it is fixed up a bit more... I know you can do it, just take some time..
                JimK    I have not rated this song..
#6March 4th, 2006 · 02:38 PM
12 posts
United States of America
yeah. cheesy man.
I think you need to work on it more. but it is kind of ok.
#7March 7th, 2006 · 11:54 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
49 posts
United Kingdom
scaramouche you're from Canterbury? I'm close (Folkestone) and moving to Whitstable soon, nice to have a local on bandamp.com!

I think the song would be better if you moved it up a few keys so the vocals were a bit higher, crazy ending too
#8March 7th, 2006 · 12:02 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
I felt like when I was a child and my uncle plays his Stevie Wonderīs tapes. The piano is very 80īs

the vocals are not the best, try with a gospel ladies

good luck
#9March 8th, 2006 · 02:03 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
eehhmm ummmm

hey... iccckkkk!!!

naw this is WAAAY tooo cheesy for my taste... but somehow enjoyable in a really weird way...

only thing I think could be better is a bit of mixing and your shakey vocals. but hey well done.... whatever it was you were aiming at, recording this song!
#10March 10th, 2006 · 08:11 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
This is full on english cheddar!!!! Well cheesy!!!!
Quite nice, but vocals are too upfront and too clean. When you started singing it made me jump, sounded like you were standing right next to me!!
The ending is cool, like the band just took a big hit!!!!!
#11March 10th, 2006 · 09:00 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
#12March 10th, 2006 · 12:32 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
Portugal
I like the song itself but I think the vocals are too down, you should sing in a higher level, it would sound better. Yeah, the ending is kinda weird, but I like it in some way:P lol
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.