#1March 2nd, 2006 · 08:11 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
Rocking Chair.

This song is not in a battle

This is from a band I played guitar for last year called the Rockman Lovers (we took the title from an Ice Ice Baby lyric). We whipped up this little diddy to put on our schools compilation CD and I think it's a cool mindless cliche rock tune. Jammed it out instrumentally in about 10 minutes. Overall it turned out decent its not the best peice of music i've put out by far but it was just a fun little project. We recorded it in my schools studio so its ok quality. unfortuneatly the engineers were kinda shitty so some of it isn't up to the potential that it could be with the decent equiptment we have their. Watch out for the ugly harminization effect on the vocals aswell. yikes. Our singer wasn't the greatest but he got the job done. Also if you like inuendos listen to the lyrics you might get a nice laugh (We wanted to see how much we could get away with before the teacher in charge of the CD caught onto what the meaning was haha).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 4th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
first thing i wondered was why the singer says 'beybe' instead of 'baby'? ofcourse i'm just Dutch.., and I must say it did get my attention, and the more i listen, the more i like it.
You got a hell of a riff there, and i like the solo a lot!, but i think the panning of it is overdone a bit
Unless i don't think you are re-recording or mixing it, I think the drums seem to drown in the mix, i would love to hear that snaredrum better, it would give more energy i think.
And the singer.., a bit innocent, too neat.., but still has characteristic charmes...
Confusing , amusing, definitely fún song!
#3March 5th, 2006 · 04:14 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
rawk n roll.
#4March 6th, 2006 · 09:16 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
I like the way it slows down towards the end...

The solo sounds good too! Just the right effect.
#5March 7th, 2006 · 05:41 AM
1 threads
3 posts
United Kingdom
this is a great song, a killer riff, i like the section in the middle where the intruments start to slow and then build up again.
#6March 8th, 2006 · 06:17 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
got my wires going,middle 8 nice touch,just a thought,liked the drums ,nudge them UP in level?  Great energy,vocals very cool.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.