#1March 2nd, 2006 · 06:55 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
United Kingdom
One Shot

This song is not in a battle

I don't use decent equipment for recording. Just my PC and a very basic mic so I'm sorry for the poor quality.

I know I'm not much of a singer and the lyrics are pretty simple but please try give me constructive criticsm where you can.
Oh yeah and I'm sorry about my voice cutting out a little bit at around 2:24. I should have had a glass of water to hand or something. Hehe.

Thanx

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 2nd, 2006 · 07:42 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
Nice Work.
I'm really diggin this man.

Its simple but it really works. Definately reminds me of some good early 90s brit pop. Oasis really comes to mind when I hear this (Which is a definate compliment). Guitar wise, theres nothing to complain about, its simple but like i said it works well, and without the aid of another guitar or backing band there is no need to make it any more complex. Vocally it was quite nice too. Maybe its just because I'm a sucker for british accents but i quite enjoyed it vocally. You could use a bit of work to strengthining up your voice but its nothing time and practise won't help with. Overall a great composition I would say. Lyrically I liked it aswell, a nice hook and a cool over all theme. I'd be curious to hear what it would sound like with a full band and a bit of over drive.

Anyway keep up the good work.
#3March 3rd, 2006 · 03:17 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oasis? Yup, absolutely.  Very simple guitar line, which seems to work fine (did you play it in Bb or were you playing it in A with your guitar tuned down/ using a capo?)

Recording quality aside, this is a pretty good song that needs some additional backing, and a little something else to stop it becoming boring... that's perhaps my only criticism (but I also feel that way about some Oasis songs).  A middle 8 with a different strumming pattern could do it.

Pretty good overall though.
#4March 3rd, 2006 · 11:47 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the positive comments guys. As you've clearly spotted, Oasis are my biggest influence. It's being played in A with a capo on 1st fret Jiminuk.
As for your comments on additional backing and the such like, I do have some backing lyrics but I haven't put them in just yet. There would also be some lead guitar in there if I ever get round to putting it in! I'd love to record this properly and perhaps with a band but I just don't have the resources... yet!
#5March 3rd, 2006 · 12:01 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Hey SB! good job. the only criticism I can make of a voc/guit track is about dynamics. I harp on about this because I play alot solo in clubs etc. and really the only arrangement tools you have in that situation are your chops and your dynamics. I'd try to differentiate between your verses and hooks by playing them differently - maybe just a volume thing or maybe a strum pattern or different picking pattern... i don't know but (to me) it suffers from being all one energy level with no narrative arc. Otherwise it's a cool song with a definite tip of the hat to one of my fav '90s bands.
#6March 3rd, 2006 · 02:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, man, you recording resources are not an excuse for the quality; I have my PC and a $3 mic ( basic one for computers) and I must tell the quality is not that bad! I'm sure you can improve it.
Talking about the composition: well, I see your influences pretty clear, like Oasis. You have a special voice and that's good. Sometimes a bit weak, but just few.
The chords progression is very common, but is very well used.
Keep it up.

> Iszil
#7March 3rd, 2006 · 10:04 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
United Kingdom
Feel free to give me some recording tips then Iszil cos I don't know much about it to be honest. I try to get the best sounds I can but it ain't easy.
#8March 4th, 2006 · 12:47 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
This is pretty good...

To get the quality better, duplicate your guitar tracks, and layer them in, to get it more full, ands same with vocals...  will make it more full, and sound better... you can do this with  your software.... it will really give it a better feel, and you will be happier with the outcome..

Hope that helps....  I will rate this song, but, I suggest you declare peace on this one.. and redo the mix , duplicate and layer, and make it sound better, then resubmit and reenter the battle... you will be happier, and will get more votes.. 

JimK  I have rated this song...
#9March 6th, 2006 · 09:46 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah this is good.

You sound a lot like Oasis, man.

Nice one.
#10March 7th, 2006 · 02:56 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Man british accents rock.

- Chester
#11March 7th, 2006 · 06:42 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
good job ben keep it up get yourself some mastering software and have fun!

#12March 7th, 2006 · 08:42 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Philippines
nice one!
#13March 7th, 2006 · 12:35 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
that is my style, bad record, one take and so much feelin'

If not hear my songs

good job, the next time use some tricks and a good manager, this is my advice
#14March 7th, 2006 · 04:22 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Netherlands
ritem
Hey man ritem is verry nice on the guitar
but sorry man youre voice is to how should i put it like
not too high or anything but well dont know how to say it doesnt go with the ritem.
aah but youre english so it sounds a bit like an old english pop/rock singer. Maybe try it on an electric guitar with low volume.
but overall fantastic that you can make this.
keep it up
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.