#1March 2nd, 2006 · 01:16 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
What it is

This song is not in a battle

I recorded this live with my band but can't seem to find that version which is just as well since the guy we had subbing on bass sucked! we've played this a lot live and people seem to like it. I play the solo on guitar nowadays but that's about the only change. The drummer pretty much stays with the feel of the track on this but he's much funkier. I recorded this an ADAT last year but I didn't have a mixer so all the fx are direct through the units and I bounced a couple of tracks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 2nd, 2006 · 01:31 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Love is...
crisp quality in any way - and I even like the tune!

although I don't really get the panning drum effect occuring a couple of times, as I'm listening through headphones, it's a bit strange.

Great vocals. Great instrumentation. Great composition definately. Would fit right on the radio.

you got my vote
#3March 2nd, 2006 · 02:08 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
Canada
cool
pretty cool! this looks like the classics ... i guess the vocals mixin with positive and negative, but maybe its just me ... the commendable effort and a nice song!
#4March 2nd, 2006 · 02:16 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
The instant I read puppet's comment about the suitability of this song to radio broadcasting I pictured myself sitting in my beloved armchair, listening to the radio and liking the song very much. This is a nicely crafted composition, and your vocals remind me of Maroon 5. The song is so nice and catchy that I didn't really pay any attention to the mixing technique which probably means it's been mixed and mastered perfectly.

To boil down whatever I wanted to say to one sentence - extremely well done. This should be on the radio.
#5March 2nd, 2006 · 03:04 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: What it is
clean sounds................i voted............very good at least

reminds me of..................who cares...........

men at work here

well done shame about the lull at 1:43................could go straight to organ solo..................what am i supposed to do there........leave my handbag wot i am dancing with

good track

splash
#6March 2nd, 2006 · 03:10 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Ah Yes,
The lull! we had some arguments about that little breakdown when we started doing this song. I wanted it in because it gave dynamic range - somewhere to go from into the solo. Otherwise, it's all one level, like a conversation where you only shout. My bass player said it killed the groove. Since I wrote it , I won out but he always gave me a shitty look when it came to that part on stage.
#7March 2nd, 2006 · 03:33 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The quality is really good! I like this a lot!
Loved the keyboard solo. It's true that the lull helps you to feel the solo beginning more powerful. It's a good change and I liked that.
Yeah, the voices sounds a bit like Maroon 5, but this is definitely more like The Police, isn't it?
This a very good song, and the production too!
You made a great job.

> Iszil

PS: Was waiting for  guitar solo.
#8March 3rd, 2006 · 07:32 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This song has all what a radio track needs. It's popular, crisp and catchy. That's music yeah. Some influences by Sting? Great voice man.
#9March 4th, 2006 · 08:54 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yet another great track.... your recording, singing, and playing skills are excellent and you seem to have the gift of writing really catchy songs too.

I'm a sucker for decent vocal harmonies and you certainly manage that well in this (and all your other) song.

Love it!
#10March 4th, 2006 · 10:43 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very tight. Entirely professional. I would agree that this could be heard on the radio. You are a talented songwriter and singer. Very catchy, happy tune. One of those songs that makes the day feel sunny and warm even when it's not.
Well done.
#11March 4th, 2006 · 09:41 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Great stuff again...It reminds me of some Peter Gabriel a little in Parts. Genesis perhaps. I don't know but it kicks. Good stuff man. Where did you record this? Do you still play in the band. Keep it up.
#12March 5th, 2006 · 01:31 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Wow....

This is a very cool tune....   I am happy to say I am downloading this...  The quality is great, and the lull, though kind of odd, does actually work...

anyway... Great stuff, I like it..
                         JimK  I have rated this song.
#13March 6th, 2006 · 12:43 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Thanks everyone! I recorded it on an ADAT in my room. i had to go direct since i had no mixer but to get the fx  I had to go through a Quadraverb first, then into the line in on the ADAT. The mic was a Shure beta 87 running through a borrowed pre-amp. I think i bounced bg vocals using my DAT mastering deck and then spent the better part of the evening trying, hit or miss , to sync the two decks up. I would not reccomend this recording technique except as punishment. i recently got a Digi 001 and a computer that will handle it and dumped all my ADAT tracks onto Protools for archiving and re-mix. Alot of them, now that i hear them again after a year or so, are terrible recordings of decent songs. I guess now that I have a good recording app, I should start re-doing them.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.