#1March 14th, 2009 · 12:21 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
New Zealand
please critisize me
I'm new, not quite sure how things work around here... is it cool to ask for critique of music which is hosted elsewhere?
if so, there's a couple of releases I'd really like some critical feedback on
http://archive.org/details/he-traveled-to-the-stars
and
http://tonalflux.bandcamp.com/album/conditions

I'm probably most interested in critique of the composition itself, although any production/mixing/recording type suggestions would be appreciated to.
both of these are fairly lofi ('he traveled to the stars' being recorded using a SBlive card, and an sm58).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 14th, 2009 · 01:16 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
why not just upload your songs here? still i guess i could check these out.
welcome to the amp.
#3March 14th, 2009 · 06:04 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
I listened to conditions... really enjoyed it. You set a great mood from the beginning and kept it through the whole album... very hard to do good stuff. Really good atmosphere aswell... funnily enough, im in Melbourne and we just got our first good rainfall in the last 6 months today, right when i listened to your album, it's been a long time since we have had a day where from when you wake up all the way to night time it's been gloomy and this music sure is set in that state.

This album is especially good for a movie, i find it very inspiring to write a movie and use this music. As for criticism, I would have liked the album to be longer, maybe combine the first three parts into one because part 4, although my favourite, does slightly move away and would have liked it to stick around a bit longer. Especially because the fifth part sort of moves back to part 3 which is great way to end but would have had an even better 'finishing' effect if the part 4 was longer.

Great stuff, be sure to upload the album on this site, you have already signed up... might as well... it's a great site and a lot more people will comment on your albums if you do.

Can't wait to listen to the other album, but ill have to leave it till a few days later to get time.
#4March 14th, 2009 · 01:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You really must upload your songs on bandAMP first, for each song you upload you must review three songs. it's as simple as that.  You can select if your music can be downloaded or not.

This site has an excellent Musician, music community, so if you would like to share your music,  ideas and become a member of the friendliest music site, with heaps of talented individuals to help you along your Music journey, then this site may be for you.

Cheers

Denis
#5March 14th, 2009 · 06:43 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
New Zealand
thanks heaps for the input. I havn't uploaded the tracks here (yet) because of limited bandwidth (broadband in nz = lame), but i'm sure i can upload a few tracks

btw real good to hear about rain 

cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.