#1February 27th, 2006 · 12:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
Holy F**k

This song is not in a battle

professionally recorded with my old band Dead City Radio. best quality recording i've ever been involved with. this is a band i was a part of when i was young and angry, we drifted apart around '97 so the recording is somewhat dated. have loads more with this band but thought i would upload it for some context. i wrote, "sang" and played guitar on this song... wasn't sure if the title would offend some of the delicates but i think you can figure what the printed title on the CD was.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 27th, 2006 · 12:20 PM
7 posts
United States of America
Love the tempo slow down at some points, very grunge. Something I listen to. Good stuff. Young and Angry is right.lol
#3February 27th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey, you have some good metal riffs here.
As you said, the quality is very professional. The playing is also very well.
Sometimes the voice is a bit weak, but just a detail.
In general the song is good. Not exactly my style, but is a good song for metal. May be the guitar needs more distortion.

> Iszil
#4February 27th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Holy F**k
As the band is dead i didnt vote for this

you should all be proud of wotcha did

splash
#5February 27th, 2006 · 04:04 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
thanks for the kind words everybody! layla, glad you enjoyed it, we had a small following here within the "grunge" scene but never really went anywhere. iszil, i agree with you about the vox, i think my voice has grown stronger over the years but back then i was mostly screaming as loud as i could, even in the studio swordfish, yes, we were quite proud of this recording, we put out 3 releases, this one being off the 3rd and no worries on the voting as i am here for the community aspect and not really concerned with the rating system
#6March 2nd, 2006 · 11:22 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
reminds me of the ol' Korsakoff club in Am*Dam... man those nights sweating in the pit...

great tunage - bla bla bla bla... yeahyeahyeaahahaha this kicks - I like that slow pace and the then weary, then agonised vocals. I think it's good that they are a bit to the back, bc when you play it loud, the instrumentals become very "big" and the voice will stand out just fine. this is what I normally aim at while mixing myself.

and I like to play things loud....
#7March 4th, 2006 · 11:22 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
I appreciate that the band no longer exists but I'm sure you're after critique nonetheless. The Intro is great. I like the plodding, strenuously slow beat but I feel it needs contrast since it gets a little boring later in the song. I like the sound for sure but it needs to go somewhere IMO.
 I was really into the grunge thing at its peak and this has the right feel- heavily L7 sounding through the chorus in particular. Cathedral is another band that comes to mind with the riffing in particular but they get away with the over-slow beat by implementing time changes here and there which break it up.
This is interesting enough to make me listen to your other stuff with eager anticipation.
#8April 29th, 2006 · 07:12 AM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
4 A D??????
This Label has been much in discussion recently in the lab after discovering Marula at this site.....Remember the Cocteau Twins?  I was talking to the mice about times gone bye whilst beating my chest to the sounds of " Victorialand "
  Any views on " Beggars Banquet " ?
   Oh my......ive just remembered....my " Cabaret Voltaire " collection......gotta go....
Ps....Diggin this Canadian vibe....Top Banana!
#9April 30th, 2006 · 01:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
beggars banquet certainly has a place in my heart hal9000. not so much with their early bands though, in my younger all dressed in black years i definitely listened to my share of bauhaus and still have a soft spot for the cult's love album, but who can deny the BB influence? the fall... the go-betweens... essential listening, even if it's not on my "major influence" list... i much prefer some of the last decade releases from calla and tindersticks, and i just picked up the national, which i am quite enjoying.

the subsidiary 4AD/beggars group has had much more of an impact on me, if not just for the pixies and the birthday party.  i also find dead can dance quite enjoyable... do you and the mice mates think marula might be a good fit on 4AD? i'd say so, hear they are still signing...
#10April 30th, 2006 · 04:17 PM
3 posts
United Kingdom
I don't think this is an amazingly original Piece but it's good for what it is.
Well played and sung well enough.
#11January 22nd, 2007 · 05:05 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
If it were mine I would have tightened up the overall time, cut it down a bit for the recorded version, though I think it probably plays well longer in a live setting. It sort of lulled me into a trance after a while. Sound and mixing was perfect for the genre.
#12January 23rd, 2007 · 12:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Change is good
The intro was going on the right direction.The verse can use some work with the sound recording .The vox is not to my taste nor is the melody.I'm not sure what to say about it maybe try some thing different.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.