#1February 23rd, 2006 · 07:06 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
60mins Of Funk

This song is not in a battle

Something I made a while ago on Acid Pro, its all samples ( i dont really have any MIDI capabilty) but only the sax parts came from pre-constructed loops. Everything else is made from single-hit samples.
Kind off drum n bass style thing, origianally had some vocals but they werent legal!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 23rd, 2006 · 07:08 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Dont worry, its not actually "60mins". Its not particularly funky either, title came from the origianal vocals.
#3February 23rd, 2006 · 03:59 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like it Leon, it takes me back to the days of spending nights getting Impulse Tracker 2 to do things I wanted it to... but I'm personally out of the sample based tracker programs...

Still I really like this and I wish there were more techno productions on this site. The best thing about techno productions is collaborations with live instrumentals.

I really enjoy that sax. Overall construction is interesting to listen to... a bit longish though, but that's me being picky... with this kind of music I picture myself in party mode. And then some long "beatless" break - on a dancefloor - sucks like crazy if there's no girls around to get momentarily close with... iykwim

so, in the end, great track, but a little lengthy.
#4February 24th, 2006 · 07:15 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Cheers Xeno, gonna put more of this stuff here soon!!!
#5February 28th, 2006 · 10:04 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Hey mate I got into this ,coming from mainly midi and audio background ,never played around with samples very much.But yeah the combination of real instruments with samples ,being a sax player in a previous life ,it inspired me to break out the old horn ,whak down a couple of lines then trigger them through reason  .
#6February 28th, 2006 · 11:27 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Leon,

Let me start by saying Welcome to Bandamp....
         Very interesting work here.....

I like it..... I think you have done very well....  this is a great mix of samples...
                Look foward to much more of you in the future.... I have rated this song..
                                 JimK
                              http://jkoontz.com
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 4:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.