This song is not in a battle

4 track audio cassette recording

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 23rd, 2006 · 02:37 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Papermills
I like the guitar riff and the singing is great once again. I like how the strumming slows down and I can tell you don't really care about a click track. I like that part of it. I think the tempo is in the feeling of the song not some mathematical sequence.  It's grungy as well as clean and gives an overall feeling of innocence to me. I think we play a lot of the same strumming and acoustic guitar techniques. Also the recording sounds great coming through a four track. Wonderful. If you want you should give more of a description of what the songs mean and why you wrote them, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Thanks again Madame Movement...... Oh yeah and I like the fact that you keep the song short. Some people might say it's not long enough but I think it's short and sweet.
#3February 23rd, 2006 · 06:08 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice!!I like the guitar riff, but I think theres to much delay/echo on the vocals, especially on the verses. On the chorus (who are we) its sounds sweet but on the verses it gets a bit muddled and i couldnt quite make out the words. But thats just me, others may disagree!
But overall very cool stuff!! Nice one!
#4February 23rd, 2006 · 09:38 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
no i totally agree with you Leon, about it having too much delay/echo. i think i mixed it and added the reverb ,if i search around the hundreds of cds i have i'm sure i can find the version without effects. glad you like it.

putske, my playing is all on feel and i'm really not that good on the guitar. i just use it as background for my vocals. these songs i put up are like sketches. ya know? i'm lucky enough that i can sit in my bedroom and be able to just record anything i want, regardless if it sounds top quality or not, ya know?    mmmm blue smiley dood.
#5February 23rd, 2006 · 10:47 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
another nice one. i concur with the too much delay on your voice statement. your vox are strong enough that you shouldn't have to bury them under effects.
#6February 23rd, 2006 · 02:46 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
MrsMovement, you are a genius

too much delay? this is a pretty basic type of recording, and I'm damn glad that you utilized a lot of effects to make something of it. Else, I wouldn't download it. We all should make the best we can with whatever equipment we have.

You have a great voice. I can hear you slightly dropping out of tune here and there exactly like punk vocalists do because the words are more important than the notes.... right? I can so much relate...

So... I had to get used to this one a little, but oh I love it... I applaud... standing ovation... This is the stuff I long for everytime I go to an open mic night... and boy it never comes along...

I seriously would like you to do a tune with me one day... Not right now and not soon though - I'm over my head with collaborations and other projects (and a dayjob) at the moment... But I am sincere... you could well be the type of female vocals I have been looking for in a long long while. (and I hope this isn't coming on to strong or fast for you)

so be well.. keep working on your material... would love to hear more!
#7February 23rd, 2006 · 02:57 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
MrsMovement - if Puppet asks you to collaborate.... DO IT!!!

That aside, when this song started I thought oh dear!  But then it kind of carries you along with it - the vocal delay is overdone in my opinion, but only in as much as the feedback is sometimes slightly louder than the dry signal, and just goes on a little too long.  If you adjust the settings I think it would be great.

This is a pretty good recording for the equipment you're using.
Well done.
#8February 24th, 2006 · 07:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This is a weird kind of music, and yes!, you must make a collaboration work with PuppetXeno, cause your style can complement very well!
Well, the quality is poor but the feeling is good. I say again that you have a very good voice, and you style reminds me someone but I cannot remember who...
A lot effects used... for me it's too much, but there's people who like that.
You have a nice and different style; keep it up.

> Iszil
#9February 25th, 2006 · 10:17 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
We all should make the best we can with whatever equipment we have.

amen to that PuppetXeno !

i'd be more than happy to do some vocals for whatever you have in mind. contact me when you have the time. i'm a busy lady myself.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.