#1February 20th, 2006 · 05:44 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Hellion (complete)

This song is not in a battle

This is the complete version of Hellion. Some of the vocals have been reworked from the previous incomplete version and some of the sound has been tidied up, plus it gets to the full 3 1/2 minutes.
I'm still not entirely happy with the guitar sound but I need to spend some time messing around with my set up to fix that I think.
Thanks for listening. Please vote.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2006 · 02:54 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not so keen on this song, but that's just because I don't like the style particularly.

As far as the mix, sound, vocals etc - I think you do a pretty good job, perhaps with the exception of the cymbals, which I think are a little too loud.

The construction is pretty good too, with some nice variety in there that makes it an interesting listening experience.  I love the contrast between the clean piano sound, the heavy guitar, and the vocals.

All in all, this is actually a pretty good song.
#3February 21st, 2006 · 11:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great to hear that second part - great thrashing mode

I love those distorted vocals - very agonizing

it's a great construction... very interesting indeed!

keep working on your guitar tone... it works, but isn't perfect... I'd love to hear more stereo spread in the guitar parts... but that's all

ROCK ON
#4February 21st, 2006 · 12:28 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, I don't like too much this style.
This is is like a mix of metal with dark music.
Those voices sounds pretty good for the song. That subtle piano makes a good work.
And he quality is pretty good.

> Iszil
#5February 26th, 2006 · 03:28 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
This song KICKS......
Great to hear a complete version, i like what you done with it!!
The guitar tone is pretty sweet, but i think the bass, drums and guitar need to be bigger, fatter or something. Dont quite know how to explain, needs a bit more bassiness. I dont know, something like that.

But that said this is very cool!! Good vocals, good riffs, great energy.
This would be killer live with a whole band!!
Nice one son!!!  
#6March 1st, 2006 · 07:50 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...

Not one of my favorite styles....

although, it is in the top 20...  I like the song itself... I agree  the composition, and the quality is real good... but the cymbals are bit too loud, and it does need more bassiness(is that a word? it is now)  anyway, keep it up, this is real good....   I like it...

JimK    I have rated this song
#7March 1st, 2006 · 07:56 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Is this a cover from nine inch nails???
If not so also great to hear.
#8March 4th, 2006 · 09:22 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Yes, cymbals are too loud- I hear that now. And you're right about the bassiness too. It's hard to maintain the 'crunch' of the guitars/ bass during all the mixing down and EQing. This may be a crap soundcard issue.

A NIN cover??! No. You know how to flatter me though Perhaps one day Trent will cover this though. You never know

I am very pleased with the impact of the piano on the sound and the response it has received since this was my first experiment with midi. It's very fiddly since it is programmed and not played live but it has proved effective in this case.

Thanks very much for the opinions. I appreciate them all and the feedback is more useful than you know. Even if it's been said before it reinforces the issue and lets me know it's not a one off opinion.

Cheers lads.
#9March 4th, 2006 · 10:25 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Oh man, that is the s**t! You really nailed the textural aspect of the song on this track. Dynamically, it's really interesting - it evolves. Different sections, different feelings evoked. Well freakin done. i'm listening through crappy speakers so i can't really give anyone an EQ comment but the impression i get is the lead voc could be a bit brighter to enhance sibilance. Again that may just be my speakers. Anyway, I'll listen to it a few more times then vote. Top notch job.
#10March 8th, 2006 · 04:00 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Italy
i like it very much, the cymbals are a bit too low, but with some  changes on the EQ it'd work perfectly!   very interesting musically talking...
#11March 10th, 2006 · 02:05 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Very interesting. I like the keys, very interesting part and certainly adds some incredible depth for being such a small, repititive part . It's well mixed and well performed. A little too all over the place for me though, that's just MHO, and more to do with my taste. Keep rocking'
#12March 10th, 2006 · 04:50 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
not a big fan of metal style music but there is good technical ability. so a good song despite my own tastes
#13April 3rd, 2006 · 08:13 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
PUPPY I WANT YOUR ROCKING SMILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET IT??????????? oh um yes, i like this song to, just the way it is. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.