#1February 20th, 2006 · 04:10 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Bullet

This song is not in a battle

Okay, bit scary, this is the first thing i´ve uploaded.
Intended as i rough draught to show my band, so they get the general idea how it goes. I know the quality is bad but im poor so...
I have lyrics but they´re not quite ready and anyway i have no way of recording them yet.

P.S. If i dont respond to anyone, im not ignorant im just unbelievable lazy!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2006 · 04:47 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Creative. It gets kinda boring without lyrics, though, but it is still very creative the whole way through.
#3February 21st, 2006 · 01:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Around 0.40 - 1:00 - naturally this is a pretty generic metal riff... Recently used by the likes of Ministry aswell... on "No W"

But I think it's a nice overall construction. Enjoyable. Would like to hear the lyrics with this.
#4February 21st, 2006 · 03:17 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Ditto to what Oldies says about needing a vocal line to stop it being boring.  But the music is sound - the instruments played well - the whole track is extremely tight (I wish my band were as good at all keeping together!!!) - and while the recording isn't brilliant, it's still pretty damn good!
More please
#5February 21st, 2006 · 03:39 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments guys, but after jiminuks comment i feel a bit quilty (alot actually) and think I should explain!!
The guitars are played by me, but the drums are all cut-up drum loops using Acid Pro (I´ve only got a 16bit soundcard so midi drums are out of the question!)
The guitar was recorded straight from my effects box into the line-in on my soundcard. Sorry, my band isnt THAT tight!!(Yet!) This is just a scratch version that i can play to the other two guys in the band so they get the feel of it!!
But hopefully there will be a properly recorded version with lyrics sometime soon!
Sorry if I mislead anyone!!!    

May upload some other things I´ve been messing around with, I also make electronic music in the breakbeat/drum and bass vein so maybe will put some of that also!

Also, names for the band. "Tower of Dogs" or "Low Tide". What you think??
#6February 21st, 2006 · 06:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Leon wrote…
Also, names for the band. "Tower of Dogs" or "Low Tide". What you think??

Tower of Dogs - definately. Powerful name - summons a series of aggressive and surreal images...

Low Tide - no... this is not powerful... The sea at it's weakest... Makes me think of beaches paved with jellyfish and other garbage left by the retracting water...
#7February 23rd, 2006 · 09:40 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
this song would be very powerful LIVE!
#8February 23rd, 2006 · 09:47 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
#9February 23rd, 2006 · 09:55 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 21st, 2024 · 6:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.