#1February 20th, 2006 · 04:24 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
The River

This song is not in a battle

Tell me what you think about this one. I poured my heart and soul into this song and I still don't know what it's totally about. Perhaps love and hate in the same realm.  If you can't relate to the feeling of this one while stoned......you probably won't like any music that I put on here.  Listen and learn...not from the chords or the tempo but the overall feeling I put into this one through ESP. If not please just tell me what's wrong and what's right.  If you don't leave a response you mind as well not even have ever listened to it in the first place. If music never makes you try to feel what I felt when I recorded this..............you probably never will feel what depression can taste like..........

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2006 · 01:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: The River
Putske wrote…
If music never makes you try to feel what I felt when I recorded this..............you probably never will feel what depression can taste like..........

dude...

ok... when you start to scream... that's great.... real great... that's what I wanna hear...

when you sing soft... that's where I slump... where I say "this is depression alright"...

so, song works... song works just fine... it's true feelings transmitted here, and it works... true, mix could be slightly better. drums are a bit dominant - nicely recorded sure, but maybe too up in the mix. voice a bit to the back... guitar & bass a bit skeletal, but okay... and timing is a little shakey but that's okay... it's human...

so I'd say... yeah... I can relate... nicely done... I think you wear a funny hat but it's nicely done... so be well...
#3February 20th, 2006 · 02:58 PM
2 posts
Hungary
The River
Man, this is just perfect for the feeling what I feel now.
I played it about 8 times so far, and I can't stop it.
I put it between the "Pyramid Song" and the "I Will" from Radiohead in my "Sadness" folder. Those songs are the only ones what I can listen right now...
#4February 21st, 2006 · 02:56 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
re: re: The River
PuppetXeno wrote…
Putske wrote…
If music never makes you try to feel what I felt when I recorded this..............you probably never will feel what depression can taste like..........

dude...

ok... when you start to scream... that's great.... real great... that's what I wanna hear...

when you sing soft... that's where I slump... where I say "this is depression alright"...

so, song works... song works just fine... it's true feelings transmitted here, and it works... true, mix could be slightly better. drums are a bit dominant - nicely recorded sure, but maybe too up in the mix. voice a bit to the back... guitar & bass a bit skeletal, but okay... and timing is a little shakey but that's okay... it's human...

so I'd say... yeah... I can relate... nicely done... I think you wear a funny hat but it's nicely done... so be well...
Thanks Puppet
#5February 21st, 2006 · 03:00 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
re: The River
Conki wrote…
Man, this is just perfect for the feeling what I feel now.
I played it about 8 times so far, and I can't stop it.
I put it between the "Pyramid Song" and the "I Will" from Radiohead in my "Sadness" folder. Those songs are the only ones what I can listen right now...

Check out the newest song I uploaded. I uploaded it just for you Conki. It's pretty depressing too, but if it can help you get over what your going through it would make the song have even more meaning for me. I'm over that stage now but I felt I had to record these songs so I can look back in 20 years and remember exactly how I felt at that point in life. Good luck getting better Conki.
#6February 21st, 2006 · 03:24 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yup, I agree with the Pupp-man - when you scream out it kind of transmits a mood of extreme frustration, but then you slum down into that depressive state again..... so the song works really well for me!

Pretty good actually
#7February 21st, 2006 · 11:24 AM
7 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
great stuff
#8February 21st, 2006 · 05:22 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
This song presents some great atmosphere, ahh the anst,translates in the vocals,reminissant in parts of Roger Daltry from the Who.
#9February 22nd, 2006 · 09:43 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
the title is cool. plus it starts out sounding all 70- ish and then gets into that grungey feel again.
#10February 22nd, 2006 · 09:43 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
     the smileys are blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#11March 22nd, 2006 · 01:03 PM
25 posts
United States of America
so when I listen to it..my heart feels like it's breaking...This song is...very well done, very well done.
#12March 22nd, 2006 · 09:20 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
43 posts
United States of America
Ahhhh Real Music!!!
This song stirs emotion.  Very, very real. Agree on the radiohead feel.  I think your voice really comes through on the louder parts especially.  I would love to hear your vocals on a real aggressive piece sometime.  Great song.  There is emotion attached to every subtle nuance.  Guitar work is impressive. 
I think if the acoustic guitar had a little darker more compressed sound it would blend great with the rest of the mood.  I played song more than once and the second time it seemed so clear that a darker sound for the acoustic add so much to the flow and continuity of the whole song.  An example of what my ear hears in it would similar to Marula "sleep" but modified less for rhythm and dialed in for your finger style. Take care, Dan NBR
#13March 22nd, 2006 · 10:56 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
wow nice
starting off young will give you time to gain experience so you can take it up to the mainstream :]
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.