1 2 3

#1February 20th, 2006 · 02:36 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
Calling Card
Score: 88.6%
Battle: 2006-03

This the finished version of Thrashfunk. Lester Polyester does the vocals and bass.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2006 · 03:04 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
Finland
Cool
Cool!!!!
Perhaps make the lead guitar a bit more leading in between. Also, I think it could be good to remove the guitar, or mix down the volume of it a little, when the vocals are singing, so that they would kind of support each other. Would make the song easier to catch.
But!!!===>GREAT on my play list!
Bobo
#3February 20th, 2006 · 12:15 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Amazing! Excellent guitar and bass playing, great vocals an recording... 100%

The lead guitar on the verses, as bobo said, is a bit too loud and kind of fights with the vocals.

I really like how the song flows...
#4February 20th, 2006 · 12:56 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
MAN.... this song is slammin'. Excellent musicianship (especially bass and guitar work). All the elements I tend to like (chunky rhythms, soaring twin guitar harmonies, blistering guitar leads, rock-steady backbeat). Initially I agreed with the previous reviews about the guitars competing with the vocals....but now I think I will need to listen to this song a few more times in order to really decide how I feel about this (in other words, I'm not sure this is a big problem....hey, I'm a guitar guy...you know how we are...). Overall, this one sets me into foot-stomping, fist pumping gyrations!
#5February 20th, 2006 · 01:27 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great! Lesterpolyester finally sounding like he should!

awesome shredding!!

some minor production thingies though - voice and bass are panned to the left - this is weird ~ drums are a bit too "clean", too "dry" to make them sound really alive - but the patterns are ok. also - eqqing on wah guitar and level balance between guitar parts isn't all too well.

whole flow and groove of the song though: 100%... that minus minor production thingies... leaves a 90%

no serious guys, this is great... do you guys know eachother IRL or is this inet collaboration?
#6February 20th, 2006 · 03:58 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yup, agree about the weird sound with the bass and vocals panned to the left - was that intended?  Actually, the whole mix was a little off to my ears.

But as far as the song is concerned - it's a great tune, and well played.

The vocal break was a laugh too

Keep it up guys
#7February 20th, 2006 · 04:29 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Panning too far to the left. This is just as good as your other 2 works, I really like it!
The bass is GREAT. Very groovy. I like, it's on my playlist just like your others.
#8February 20th, 2006 · 09:22 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Thanks everyone. The panning thing is just experimentation. I'm new to production and it's all trial and error. Lester isn't too bad, eh? We're in a band together and live 5 minutes from each other, so he just came down my basement and did his tracks.
#9February 21st, 2006 · 09:01 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
great composition-dig the wah pedal.a bit too long,otherwise great job!!
#10February 21st, 2006 · 09:33 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Love it! Yeah, this really rocks!
The guitar, the bass, the voice and the whole song sounds great!
One more to download. 100% sure from me.
This sound is like a mix of Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Queensr˙che; it's funky but has metal touches. In fact, sometimes the voice sounds really like the Peppers.
The composition is amazing! The quality is amazing too! That solo kicks ass!
What more can I say? Well you both made a great job with this.
I liked this a lot!

> Iszil
#11February 21st, 2006 · 09:37 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Sweet
This song is awesome I love the intro in the beginning, and the vocals are awesome.
#12March 1st, 2006 · 12:39 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Great Switch-up
I'm liking the way it starts as kind of a 70's rock style and then changes to modern rock kind of style and keeps switching....doing that usually wouldn't sound right but you did it very well and very smoothly and the solo is awesome...
#13March 1st, 2006 · 02:30 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Great song, but I think the Wah-Wah guitar effects part should be more whole and chunky. Its too soft for my liking and could lift this song to the status of "punch in the face". I give 100% rating  because it is way way way way ahead of any of the other stuff on bandamp, lol- (some exceptions), this is a very well recorded and professional song production, hence the 100%.
#14March 1st, 2006 · 08:44 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I disagree with alot off the critiques on the wah and the lead guitar...

I think this is really right where it should be....  It is rocking....   Man.. you guys really got something sounding good here....

Keep this stuff up.... Vocals are killer, bass is funky, and that wah is super psychadelic!

Awesome......

JimK    I have rated this song....
#15March 1st, 2006 · 10:25 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Really good ,....but the drums i don"t hear "passionate"drums ,..it sounds more like a computer game drum ,...sorry no offence just possitive critic.
Good luck.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.