#1February 19th, 2006 · 11:50 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
We Are Not Fighting

This song is not in a battle

My latest attempt at song writing.  I am learning the frailing style of playing the 5 string banjo and wrote this song with that style.  Singing and playing at the same time is very difficult for me, I have been forcing myself to do just that when I play or record something.   And that is how this song was recorded.   I plugged a mic into my ibook and hit record.  I took a few takes and kept the one that was the least painful to listen to.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 19th, 2006 · 12:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow, pretty nice light song... it reminds me of something... I'd like to send it to you if you'd pm me your mail address...

oh and... not painful to hear at all... it's kindof nice this... some kind of half-jam doodling on a sunday afternoon... or so!
#3February 19th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I imagine an old man sitting on chair out of his cabin is the far west playing this song.
Well, this is a good attempt of country music.
May be a better recording could improve this but it's ok.

> Iszil
#4February 19th, 2006 · 01:27 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Sorry, but this reminds me of 70s disco sound saturday night fever. banjo sound is awesome
#5February 19th, 2006 · 01:41 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I would love to learn frailing..... I dunno why, but I can't seem to get the hang of it....

very nice.....  

Glad you got a banjo tune on here.....    I shore do laik dat dere banjo, boy.

Yeehaaw...
                             JimK    
                                   "You got a perty mouth"
#6February 19th, 2006 · 06:15 PM
8 posts
Netherlands
funny music
#7February 20th, 2006 · 03:17 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
madbanjoman wrote…
I plugged a mic into my ibook and hit record.  I took a few takes and kept the one that was the least painful to listen to.
Whoa, I would love to hear the ones that you rejected!!!

I can smell the wood burning on this one, where you're concentrating so hard on both playing and singing - you end up doing a pretty good job all in all!

I'm not keen on banjo music, so you're never going to get a rave review from me - but this is one of the better banjo songs I've listened to.  It's a pity that the quality of the recording is not so good - I'd have like to have heard a nice clean sound.
#8February 22nd, 2006 · 06:40 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
unusual
this is indeed very funny. It is unique. This is a gipsy in the wild west. I also like the lyrics.
#9March 2nd, 2006 · 06:41 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
United Kingdom
Different...
Yeah you've got an ok sound going on there. Banjo music is alright but you might be better recording the vocals seperately if you're finding it hard to concentrate cos the singing sounds a bit worse than I reckon you're capable of.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.