#1February 19th, 2006 · 06:56 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
Finland
Bulldog Walking

This song is not in a battle

Okay, this  is my first own piece of music.

I recorded it before Christmas and have played it a number of times for myself to see what I like it. I think it is okay, but I'd like some comment from people out there. So feel free to comment.... I guess this is kind of blues or blues+jazz, can't determine myself. *S*

And thank you for a nice forum.

bobo

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 19th, 2006 · 07:25 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice feel to this song- kind of melancholy but with a confidence and contentedness shining though.
The piano work is fine and the drums are simple yet very effective. I would like to hear the trumpet blasts in the early part a little louder although I have to say that when it plays solo in later places I dislike the sound. A real trumpet would sound quite good but this synth sound is horrible to my ears when it's up front. Like I say, the short blasts are effective but not so nice when it leads.
Other than that, a nice song. I'd like to hear some vocals and maybe a little lead guitar would enrich the blues sound but, regardless of that, the song is okay as it is.
Good job. Keep composing.
#3February 19th, 2006 · 09:02 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the quality of the piano record is amazing except the casio like sounds of drums and trumpet. why not sing the trumpet melody? waiting for more music by you. go ahead.
#4February 19th, 2006 · 11:22 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
the tune is catchy.  my five year son old started dancing while it was playing.   I would like to hear it recorded with real instruments.  I think it would really shine.
#5February 19th, 2006 · 11:31 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Maybe you could try some more independence between trumpet and piano, becose it does get to bore me a bit... but nothing serious.  Nice song overall.
#6February 19th, 2006 · 12:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey, this sounds pretty cool!
Yeah, like the mixing of Jazz with a Blues melody.
The drums make their work and the trumpets too. How did you record them? Are they MIDI or what ?
But I like it; has good quality.
I agree with TritonKeyboarder with the fact that you should sing something, and as he said you could sing the trumpets melody.

> Iszil
#7February 19th, 2006 · 12:56 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
Finland
thank you!
Thank's for the critics all nice people out there.

for those who wonder how it was made I just played it with accompaniment on the keyboard( a general midi compatible Casio WK-3700 ), and recorded a wav file from the keyboard to my linux server. Then converted the wav file created by krecord to a mp3 with a tool called lame.

If anyone is interested in creating something with better quality, and maybe some fine tuning, of this piece you are most welcome to do so, in fact I'd be thrilled to hear what it could sound  like, I mean the idea of hte music, when it is done with real instruments and maybe some lyrics to it. I cannot do it myself I simply don't have enough instruments and equipment, only hte keyboard and an old guitar.

Bobo
#8February 19th, 2006 · 04:10 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Nice feel Bobo,don't worry about how much gear you've got,the idea is there and its cool.Just keep doing it,get some vocals going we'll be waiting for more.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.