#1February 19th, 2006 · 02:42 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
No Human Contact

This song is not in a battle

Spent an entire summer trapped in my room as a kid.  This is the song about what that was like.   Also this was recorded on a computer with editting software and midi drums.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 19th, 2006 · 07:03 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Odd time signature and it's disjointed and weird and that makes this interesting. After a few listens I start to get a grasp of the structure of the song but I have to say that on the first listen it lost me completely. I do feel that perhaps what we are hearing here is not quite what the song is in your mind and the quirkiness is not well enough defined at the moment. The cymbals in particular are a bit too confusing during the verse. I like the breakdowns at 1 min and again at about 3 mins and the "No human contact" hook sticks in the mind.
I think it could be a good song but the shape needs more definition and I'd suggest finding an alternative for the drum sound.
#3February 19th, 2006 · 10:47 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Thank you for your comments.  It wasn't meant to be an odd time signature.  The bane of my song contruction are the drums that and my crappy recording equipment.  This song I tried a midi sound file of drum sounds I constructed.   Drummer I am not.  I also I tried to piece the song together cut and paste style.  I recorded pieces separately and pieced them together which might account for the disjointed feel.   Lately I have been recording live without editting to my computer.   Mainly to have something I could perform for others.
#4February 20th, 2006 · 01:03 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, your songs are weird.
Well, this doen't sound bad, but I don't know... try to make more structured songs.
The drums are really bad, I must say. Too MIDI.
Your voice is weird too.
That solo is also weird, in a weird melody and progression. The main melody is good, but you must make that guitar sound better... turn it up.
The change to the solos' part sounds good. That bass is weird man!
Overall, a weird song, but it's a different tune, and I like that.
And, once again, it's panned to much to the left.

> Iszil
#5February 22nd, 2006 · 06:33 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
i like the reverby voice
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.