#1February 19th, 2006 · 01:35 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Pen And Paper

This song is not in a battle

I actually play with others on this one.  Not something I get to do often on the songs I write.  In my other musical endeavors,  I get play with others.  I play the rhythm guitar and sing.  A couple of friends of mine handled the bass, drums and lead guitar work.  We recorded the rhythm live to multitrack and then lead guitar was added and I added the vocals after that.  The guy play the drums also played the lead guitar so that is why we recorded that separately.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 19th, 2006 · 01:44 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very cool song.....

The drums are great..... The rythm guitar is cool....  

alot of feeling coming through, we all want to give up sometimes... think we just can't write... then BOOM, outta nowhere, haha

JimK   

#3February 19th, 2006 · 04:18 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
I love it. I used to listen to Jethro Tull a lot when I was growing up, so I enjoyed this song much, its like my love for Guiness.
#4February 19th, 2006 · 11:04 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
artofbeing, we share something in common besides music, a love of Guiness!  Damn, now I am thirsty.    

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I am enjoying the warm community of this group.
#5February 20th, 2006 · 12:48 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
artofbeing wrote…
I used to listen to Jethro Tull a lot when I was growing up

Sorry, but this is not like Jethro Tull. I love Jethro and I've listened a lot of it and I cannot find the relation with this song.

The melody is good and your voice is ok. But I feel this need something more... I feel a poor intrumentation. You could may be turn up the others intruments.
And it's panned too much to the left.

> Iszil
#6February 20th, 2006 · 03:33 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I learned to play the flute because I liked Jethro Tull - and have seen them 3 times.  I have to agree with Iszil again, this is not like Tull!

That said, it's quite a nice song - which is a little lacking in substance somehow for me.  I'm not sure what's needed.  I do think the vocals are too loud in the mix - although it's sung pretty well.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 1:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.