#1February 17th, 2006 · 06:09 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Sharamuta

This song is not in a battle

This song was recorded in Vancouver with my three piece band Red Ant Army.  This song is written about passed experiences with many things thrown together in a melting pot. I used to love playing this song live...It gets louder every time we played it.  Again this song was written in a matter of three weeks.  My guitar player Chris and my drummer Mike wrote this song mainly. I through some vocals and a bass line down after they had spent a few weeks playing this song. I didn't have a chance to get some of my guitar players back up vocals on the punk part so it sounds really dry there.  It was 80% done (vocals/mixing) when I moved on to recording something else. This was recorded in my basement with a crappy Cu-base LE version, an MD8 for drums and a shure  57 and a guitar pedal for Vocals. Bass line was DI and guitar through a triple rectifier with a Marshall 4x12 cab. Hope u enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 6th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
The recording sounds pretty good quality. The riffing and drumming is superb. The song itself is cool although a little unoriginal in style.
This is very well done IMO except for the need, perhaps, to tidy up the vocals a little.  This is my least favourite of the songs you have here so far but still good and very well performed/ recorded.
I'll look out for Red Ant Army touring Scotland
#3March 6th, 2006 · 04:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Kicks butt.

No complaints here... except maybe the voice could have been mixed with a bit more compression and presence

But this is a great song!

It has a great groove which takes me back to the moshpit da(y/ze)

#4March 6th, 2006 · 04:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sharamuta
great start ............crit as i listen..............wot are u singing about?///////////////1:15 i hear u..................bass is thin.........1:30???????????band busting its ass.............snare 2 much....................wot r usaying?....................kerplow????.............not a thick mix.............3:11.............still dont know what u r saying..................3:43............i hear u!!!
scream...............the riff has worn out......................im going to...............aaaaaah the end.

keep scaring people..............

got my vote

not my cuppa tea though................for its genre ok but mix tooo light

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.