#1February 17th, 2006 · 02:48 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Contact

This song is not in a battle

I dug this one up.  I heard Bratello's "Tomorrow from Yesterday" and was reminded of it.  I selfishly enjoy this song because I can pick up my acoustic and play it by myself whenever I feel like it, and I am reminded of why I wrote the lyrics. 

Despite the piss-poor recording conditions that we had, I am pleased with how it came out.

I am posting this merely because the main riff (when the trumpet comes in) reminds me of Bratello's opening riff... Thought people might get a kick out of it.

Lyrics are a bit muddy.  Here they are:

Local politcs are going nowhere fast
I'm the last to leave the meeting
Regurgitated pictures from my past
It's a history not worth repeating

We have contact when there's nothing left to say
Man-made mountains are standing in the way
I'll say I'm sorry and we'll last another day
For now
Last another day

Fingers point at the one who wears no guilt
Angry crabs still comb the scenic beach
Smoke will blow in the face of the non-smoker
You will sit forever out of reach

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 17th, 2006 · 05:41 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
The Trumpet Monk
Brings a smile to my face. Don't here enough trumpet in songs these days. It would definitely make me pay attention in a live atmosphere. Good energy and the feel is wicked. Right on man!
#3February 17th, 2006 · 07:49 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
My kind of music, a good and well perfomed song.  Reminds me of some mid-80s bands (like Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers).  Are there anymore of those old recordings of yours? They are worth posting  even if they are poorly recorder.  In a sea of synthetic music anything which has a human touch (incl. an imperfection) is welcome.
#4February 17th, 2006 · 08:43 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
37 posts
Israel
good energies man, and trumpets are always welcome
#5August 14th, 2006 · 05:32 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
I like this...nice musical flow...good lyrics...i like the clapping you added into the song..it gives the oldie sound to it....nice song....

Flyer
#6November 14th, 2006 · 03:09 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
wow, the trumpet is great man - I can almost hear Niel Young doing this.  You got a good voice and I like the way the song is arranged.  Love the definitive beat and clapping towards the end.

This one is definately worth a digital re-record with some professional mics - other side of that is part of the ambiance is the down home bunch-of-guys-jamin-in-the-garage feel might get lost witha perfectly mixed session.
Anyways, thanks for the post, really enjoyed it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.