#1February 16th, 2006 · 11:21 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
I need you

This song is not in a battle

This was written during a particular dark period after a breakup.  I was quite prolific.  music is like a bandage for a broken heart.  Anyway it isn't easy to pick which song to post first.  So I hope you enjoy it.  Thanks.   Oh,  I do everything on it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 17th, 2006 · 02:08 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
The recording, obviously, has many of the same issues that I face.  So I'm going to acknowledge it without elaboration...

I dig the secondary guitar's effects.  Wah or phaser or both... pretty cool.

Your voice really waivers here... I can't decide if it's supposed to (Buddy Holly style) or not.  Either way... Well...

This song is a reminder to me how weird it is that different people write such different style songs after breakups.  While I have been blessed with not having to do that for a while, the ones I have written are usually much more angry than sad.  Again, just commenting without critique - I find the difference quite interesting.  While I can't say that this song is particularly thought-provoking, I can say that you have indirectly caused me to reflect upon life in general and the music-writing process in particular! 

You have piqued my interest enough to make me want to hear more of your stuff... Please share.  Thanks!
#3February 18th, 2006 · 04:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Sad sad song... Interesting use of the wah in the background. Too bad about the terrible noise, but it adds to the dreariness of the lyrics.

Indeed... A breakup song. I wouldn't record this mood personally, I wait until I can see in a brighter perspective (p.e. in my songs Hound... and Back to You).

Anyways, you did get your mood recorded... You weren't too sad at all I take, and not too dark either. Your other upload is much much darker... which I like

so let's hear more of this madbanjoman... haven't heard a banjo so far...
#4February 18th, 2006 · 09:00 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Depressing. Nice mood.
#5February 18th, 2006 · 12:34 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
very cool...   

Like the sound of this one...    I agree with PX about the wah sound... very cool...
       Keep em coming.... 
                      JimK

#6February 19th, 2006 · 01:49 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments.

I am using an old 6 track cassette recorder and cheap mics.  Plus the single coil pickups were humming like crazy.

I find writing in the depths of dark moods brings me out of them.  So a lot of my songs are not very happy songs, but I am for the most part  a cheerful person.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.