Score: 69.5%
Battle: 2006-03

well hey why not...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 16th, 2006 · 10:55 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
How do you get your vocals so clean sounding?  Another great song.  really.
#3February 17th, 2006 · 01:01 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
re: i love you
paganscradle wrote…
well hey why not...
I like what your're doing here. Keep it up. You should think of sending your stuff to a radio station in Alberta, Canada called CKUA. I hear folk music and music like this song on there all the time. They would enjoy this. Good stuff.
#4February 17th, 2006 · 01:29 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
lol... Wow... I've got to admit that I had some pretty unflattering preconceived notions about this song (just reading the title).  But this was just downright cool... Very 60's. Excellent use of timing on the drums... The snaps were a nice touch too (maybe a bit too loud... They weren't distorting, were they?).   You have a unique and wonderful voice... You certainly didn't wear out your welcome at 2 minutes, 9 seconds. 

I am downloading this because I am sure that it has a place on a future eclectic driving CD.  Thanks!
#5February 17th, 2006 · 05:34 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
thanks for your encouragement,gosh i nearly never put this one on.wow your all great to me.
#6February 17th, 2006 · 01:50 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey...

nice song... albeit kinda girly... hehehe

feeling that 60s feel too... kinda big time country too... it's the major-chord progression... The dynamics between drive and soft, with finger snap... yeps... pretty girly sweet like.

how do you record you vocals? is this via a mic-in on your computer? because that's what it sounds like.... It has sufficient clarity, but typical phone-style frequency curve...

and how do you do the instrumentals? do you program the drums / arrangements from the ground up - which parts are played live?
#7February 17th, 2006 · 07:26 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe, this is a sweet little song - not bad at all, but miles from the stuff I would normally listen to!

I think the recording quality is pretty good actually, but I'm also interested in how you do it - I like the slightly low quality vocal recording, it adds character to your voice.

Pretty good overall
#8February 17th, 2006 · 11:39 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Mmm... Well, I guess it's good for people who is familiar to this kind of music.
But this is not my music. Vocals are fine and instrumentation, but I feel like song is a bit flat.
May be the fact that it makes it like it had been recorded on the 60' makes it flat ( I'm not saying i don't like 60' recording, but this song with that sound make me feel it flat).
But it a good work itself.

> Iszil
#9March 1st, 2006 · 12:46 PM
17 posts
Canada
You know, this song of yours [which I think is as sweet as candy], has stayed in my head all day. I was even stood washing dishes and couldn't resist singing it.  lol

You've a fabulous voice
#10March 1st, 2006 · 08:18 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very well done...

I could not add much that hasn't been said already.. so I will just say,

I think you have style.. 
                                         JimK    I have rated this song...
#11March 1st, 2006 · 08:29 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Its ferry catchy and i i love it when i hear it again after a few weeks
More than beautiful:genius!!!
This is my fafourite on bandamp.
#12March 6th, 2006 · 11:45 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
14 posts
United Kingdom
Nice
Yeah I enjoyed it myself. Very nice sounding. I like the bouncy feeling you've got going on there. Keep it up gurl!
#13March 6th, 2006 · 04:24 PM
9 posts
India
Hey! U just made me dance a lil on ur tunes...

I love this song...don't u cry..la la la... i love the taxi part...
#14March 7th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
3 posts
Thailand
Nice song
Wow.. your voice sounds so clean.. the song is so mellow.. its so soft...!
#15March 8th, 2006 · 09:05 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
You have a seriously excellent voice. Looks like we have mutual respect for one another's voices

It's a beautiful song. I really love it. But please, PLEASE change the title :P It's clichédness almost put me off at the start haha

but seriously, awesome.

- Chester
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.