#1February 16th, 2006 · 03:14 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Species

This song is not in a battle

I recorded this in early December.  This song doesn't make too much sense (not even to me). We are a three piece band called Red Ant Army. This song is just something we put together and laughed our asses off the whole time. The lyrics make no sense but that doesn't really matter because it's suppost to be funny. I hope you enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 16th, 2006 · 06:42 PM
2 posts
Canada
Species Rocks
Awesome--I really like the speed and the breaks.  This is definetly some weird song writing...quite different from your other song. Kick ass guitar playing and funny lyrics. I hope to hear more of your stuff. The recording could use some more mixing and the vocal levels are a little off. Good stuff though. I wanna hear more. Is this like Jazz/metal/grunge?
#3February 16th, 2006 · 09:17 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
This borders much too close to alternative for me. It's very intense, though. At one minute, the vocals, I'm sorry, but that doesn't work at all with this song. But at 1:30 the screaming it works. And at 1:50 you ruin it again. The echoey-reverb-ey effects aren't working for you.
#4February 17th, 2006 · 01:55 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Oldies - I usually see things pretty close to "eye-to-eye" with you... But I find it interesting that I would pretty much reverse each of your comments on this song...

I liked the more melodic reverb vocal parts... The screaming... God... Well, I won't get into my issues with that...

Putske - As far as the song goes - If it was indeed a rehearsal piece, then you have my admiration for two reasons: 

1) Your rehearsal recording setup is way better than my "I'm going to record this polished song that I've been playing for two years" setup, and I am jealous!  

2) I think that you'll be able to do a lot of good things with the instrumentation that you have already established in this song. 

Nice work, man.  Keep 'em comin'.
#5February 22nd, 2006 · 06:47 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
i enjoyed!
#6February 27th, 2006 · 06:30 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
Norway
excelent song!!! sounds a bit like mike patton's music
#7March 4th, 2006 · 10:30 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
very speratic, very original, very cool!!!
#8March 4th, 2006 · 10:40 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
HAH!
Spastic as hell. you gotta post the lyrics. Really tight band, dude. Liked it a lot.
#9March 4th, 2006 · 10:53 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Wow. That was pretty unexpected. First off, vocals need to be louder, definitely. I have no criticism of the different vocal styles through the song since they sound alright to me. They fit with the development of the song. I can't comment on the lyrics since I can't hear or make out most of them.
Overall, pretty cool. I like the idea and with better production it would sound pretty good.
#10March 4th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
3 posts
Canada
I must say, the lyrics are very interesting =P Guitars are well done, I like the breaks.
#11March 5th, 2006 · 05:56 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Lyrics for Species

Look what I see in the sky
It’s up it’s up it’s pointing high
I can see it very clear
Even after all these years

I can see you here and there
I can see your underwear
Under your skirt there’s a purse
I would like to touch it first

It’s a greasy little purse now isn’t it?  (Slut)

Underneath your pretty hair
Roots of color everywhere
Put on make-up in the sun
You can please everyone
Welcome to our orgy fair
Midgets humping everywhere
When I came out of the house
I saw peaches and a (mouse)

Chorus:
You said, “I won’t, hail to love”
You looked, I said, you can’t trust
You walked, I led, you to much

Why did you lie to me?
Why did you talk to me?
Why did you go insane?

Why did you lie to me?
Why did you lie to me?
Why did you go insane?

What do you want from?
I did enough for thee.
Your making me go insane.

What do you want from?
I did enough for thee.
Your making me go insane.

You can’t scam a scammer!

Chorus:
You said, “I won’t, hail to love”
You looked, I said, you can’t trust
You walked, I led, you to much

Why did you lie to me?
Why did you talk to me?
Why did you go insane?

Why did you lie to me?
Why did you lie to me?
Why did you go insane?

The end of the song.............................................................

A whole lot of talking about standing up for yourself and fighting the fights that need to be fought.

Note:
If you really want me to figure out what I was saying at the end I can decipher it, but it was just in the moment writing lyrically. I seem to do it quite often. I guess I have a sense of freestyle singing, I even do it live all the time. It’s fun and interesting and even I don’t know what I’m going to say half of the time. You should try it sometime it’s quite fun and sometimes hilarious.
#12March 6th, 2006 · 04:38 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Now that I'm listening again, this time on headphones, I can actually make out more of the lyrics than I had previously been able to, but the written lyrics above help, so thanks

This song is actually growing more on me, the more times I listen. Which is good. I sometimes don't trust music that I love straight away because the appeal is usually short-lived.

The originality of this is definitely seductive.
#13March 6th, 2006 · 04:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah... I love the subject of the lyrics....

Only thing about this is that I would like to hear more presence in the vocals - however this has it's charms.. sound very live... and when played LOUD... even more so! so another one for the ol' pit where I'm still havin at it in my memories
#14March 6th, 2006 · 05:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Species
loads better than the other song recently hoisted....................u guys sound great..........tight...................still gotta ask why i cant make out lyrics..............songs that sell are by the by comprehensible.............even grunge...............remix maybe called for just to push out the lyrics..............its still not a genre i like but you got my vote..

splash
#15April 7th, 2006 · 12:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yes, I like this one - mainly because of the tight playing.  The grungy singing isn't a style I like at all, but then it goes pretty well with the music - and it is, after all, your style!
I can see how this would be great fun to record and play live.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.