#1February 13th, 2006 · 03:53 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Summer (Cut Short)

This song is not in a battle

Here is some (to quote G. Greene) "light entertainment".  Akward song's title when translated from Russian, otherwise...well, you tell me.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 13th, 2006 · 09:12 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
I could see this song on an album, between two longer and more uptempo songs.  That is, as a stand-alone song, it is a bit too focused (in time and variation).  However, I could see it jolting the listener's attention during a live set or on an album - much the way a public speaker will break up the content of a speech by using an antectode to re-establish the audience's focus. 

The synth chords reminded my vaguely of Lennon's "Imagine" while the backup vocals reminded me of REM in general.  In my book, that's pretty good company...

Nice work.  Thanks!
#3February 14th, 2006 · 06:30 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oh, I like the feel of this one - it kind of builds up an image of ........ well, summer I suppose!

The song is nicely "layered" in the way you bring in different aspects.  The gradual introduction of instruments, and voices, is great.  And you finish it really well.

I suppose my only criticism would have to be the overly quantized feel of the keyboards, but that's a minor point.

Very good
#4February 14th, 2006 · 08:38 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Me lazy bum
You are both right, gentlemen, the song could have been more thoughtfully arranged (it lacks substance, some "meat", if you will).  It was the last song of the long session and we just got lazy.  Never again.
#5February 14th, 2006 · 12:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Me lazy bum
bratello wrote…
You are both right, gentlemen, the song could have been more thoughtfully arranged (it lacks substance, some "meat", if you will).  It was the last song of the long session and we just got lazy.  Never again.

Hmmm "never again"? I think it's lovely. Real minimalist, and yes it sets the mood of one of the more laidback moments of summer, particulary hanging out on terraces, but not in crowded city centers - near parks instead - where I can see trees gently waving in the breeze, and an occasional cloud drifting by.

Perhaps, contrary to that, a hint of people watching comes along... Um. Oh well - Summer it is indeed.

I liked it. I don't want to comment on production value or what could be done differently, I think your music speaks for it self mostly. Mostly... that's why I don't comment to it often. But that doesn't mean I ain't listening!
#6February 14th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well man, I must say this is not one of your best, but is a good song. Well produced and recorded.
Will wait for something like your old works.

> Iszil
#7February 14th, 2006 · 05:58 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
To echo PuppetXeno, I don't think that the song is "lazy", nor do I think that it needs a stronger arrangement.  I think that, placed appropriately amongst a group of other songs, it stands out more (by way of contrast) than it does if it were a stand-alone song.  This is not meant to be discouraging. Quite the contrary, in fact.  I wish that more artists showed the variety of style that you offer.
#8February 15th, 2006 · 12:01 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
cool track.... 

Very nice choice of the word "bom"

I love the bongo's....  they add a nice touch..

And of Course, Russian Who wouldn't love it?!?!?!  

All the makings of a hit.... Bring on the EP...  and let me say..

Большие ванты работы держат их прийти

which means roughly, Great job guys..Keep them coming....

JimK  
#9February 15th, 2006 · 04:41 AM
15 posts
Sweden
I like this... 
#10February 15th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
re: re: Me lazy bum
PuppetXeno wrote…
bratello wrote…

Hmmm "never again"? I think it's lovely. Real minimalist, and yes it sets the mood of one of the more laidback moments of summer, particulary hanging out on terraces, but not in crowded city centers - near parks instead - where I can see trees gently waving in the breeze, and an occasional cloud drifting by.

Perhaps, contrary to that, a hint of people watching comes along... Um. Oh well - Summer it is indeed.

I liked it. I don't want to comment on production value or what could be done differently, I think your music speaks for it self mostly. Mostly... that's why I don't comment to it often. But that doesn't mean I ain't listening! ;)
"Never again" doesn't mean that we will not record spare, "breezy" songs like this one--it only means that we could have done a better job arranging it while keeping it in the same "summery" mode.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.