#1February 12th, 2006 · 12:26 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Over My Head

This song is not in a battle

I Wrote this a couple of years ago, still needs a guitar solo. I look forward to your opinions as always.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 12th, 2006 · 04:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Great kicking drive. Despite the production quality, which isn't everything, it energises me up to the point where I start singing along... "oh yeeeaaaahhh.... think I'm over myyyyyyy head" I love that guitar melody and then the vocals taking it over. Can't help but think I've heard this before - maybe it's a blend of 70's and 80's band styles that are in my memory somewhere.

Very catchy... Should be properly recorded - has lotsof hard rock hit potential.
#3February 12th, 2006 · 06:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Over My Head
good 2 hear lyrics in this genre

doesnt sound 'urgent' in this mix

the drive is there................find it........drums to the fore!!........the mix sounds mono and bit flat...........thats a shame for a good song............good hook

got a good vote

splash
#4February 12th, 2006 · 07:37 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Good song idea.  Maybe adding a bridge would help give it an extra dimension?  I like the idea of the guitar riff previewing/echoing the vocal line early on... Perhaps adding a variation to the riff later on (once the vocal melody has been established) is in order... I agree with the "needs a solo" sentiment you expressed.  All in all, this would be a fun song to rehearse with a band... It has the potential to really "grow" over time.  It would be quite rewarding, I would think.
#5February 12th, 2006 · 08:16 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Great drive. Though if you sacrificed some of it to improve the bass part, it would be much improved. I'm sure with some imagination it would still have just as much drive.
Nice lyrics, too. Try bringing up the guitar a little more in comparison to the lyrics, though, but try to keep the bass where it is, if that helps.
#6March 7th, 2006 · 02:09 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Is it my ears?
This is very polished, more than I do at least, but I am wondering...
Is it my ears or could this use some brightness? It seems very mid range to me. I wonder what mic the vox was on and if there is a touch more tweeking to bring it out?

I don't know, too much compression on the vox, or something. Anyone else know what I mean?

Then again, it could be that I am losing my upper register - boy that would suck!
#7March 8th, 2006 · 12:07 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
where's that confounded bridge ?
This is a top song. the bridge is at 2:46 (IMHO) brought in by the drums going BIG. Dunno if I would put in a guitar solo just because there isn't one atm. I like the way it works as is.
#8May 7th, 2006 · 02:58 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Canada
Good stuff but then again allways did like alot of the stuff you did, very kool.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.