#1February 10th, 2006 · 07:52 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Fog

This song is not in a battle

One of the first things I did when I got FL. I did something to the mix which must've sounded good to me at the time, (Maybe I had an ear infection. Or a brain infection.) But it sounds absolutly terrible now.

I changed the name to Fog because I'm making a tracklist of songs I've recorded so far, and 'GirlyCrappyEvilCrap' just looked a bit daft amoungst the other titles. lol

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 11th, 2006 · 12:52 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
It is a kind of freaky mix of stuff, reminds me of something used during a laser light show... or perhaps with a planetarium....  very interesting....    not unpleasant, quite the opposite really... very relaxing...   but very much instrumental... to sing to it would be difficult, too busy, too much going on, no way to get synched with it and besides, it already is full.. no room...    
                 JimK  

#3February 11th, 2006 · 05:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
indeed, it's another "true instrumental", singing won't fit in, and it isn't missed either.

Relaxing chillout stuff. Particular that bass line has a nice effect on my mood. Nice sounds and pianos (intro reminded me of Underworld's Born Slippy), though the overall mix seems a little muffled, not eq'd bright enough. A bit of post-eqqing would solve this

but it's very well done. I'd say your musical hearing is nothing short of brilliant - however it is good that you are your own worst critic, it's a sign of perfectionism, which will urge you to keep working and improving yourself. just as long as you don't let it get to your head and burn you out to the point where you start deleting your masterpieces before I get the chance to download themmmm ........ know whatta mean?
#4February 11th, 2006 · 07:58 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It's not crappy, and it's not evil - but it is a bit girly

I think this is a pretty good play around with FL, and in no way deserves the
PorcelainDoll wrote…
Its rubbish. Its all rubbish! I'm sick of everything
  although that did make me smile!

As Puppet says, relaxing chill-out stuff that effects the mood nicely (although, obviously, not your mood).  It's not far off the type of stuff that Chicane were doing a few years ago.

Don't knock it - work on it.  Make it longer, improve on the brightness of the instrument sounds.  And give yourself a pat on the back
#5February 16th, 2006 · 06:38 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
you have talent girl go for it
#6February 16th, 2006 · 09:22 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Ah PorcelainDoll, you are so hard on yourself, but I've enjoyed everything you've given us.
You could sing to it, but nothing obtrusive. Just use your voice as you did all the other instruments.It really was good, relaxing, everything everyone else said.
#7February 16th, 2006 · 10:39 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
cool
I like your instrumentation.  The beginning sparseness that develops into a flood of sound.
#8March 28th, 2006 · 08:32 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
This is so trippy,bitter sweet amospheric journey.
#9March 29th, 2006 · 01:32 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
well i must be stoned cause i can alwys hear a vocal trac ther is plenty of room IMO this is a melodic tune that could tell a story ...i liked it so i guess i pretty much dis agree with my comrades maybe not even lyrics but  voice...ya know like great gig in the sky(huge complment)..very nice piece pd keep workin!
buzz...aka..rick
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.