#1February 9th, 2006 · 04:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Winter Winds

This song is not in a battle

This is my very first multitrack solo production, done on fostex 28h 4 track.

It was inspired by those harsh and cold eastern winds that winter brings - the ones that cut right through your coat to chill your bones.

Nothing too comfortable indeed...

I couldn't resist flipping the cassette over for recording the lead, which is now in reverse...

So, this is part of my personal history, I hope you can enjoy

1993... I was... 16.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 9th, 2006 · 04:32 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Wow I've never heard the honor of posting first on one of your songs.
The effects are used well, but I would like to hear the panning synth have some echo or reverb added onto it. 2:35 there is a bit where the guitar with another effect on it jumps out for the first time, and it seems a bit out of tune to me.
#3February 9th, 2006 · 05:59 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad for a 16 year old Puppet! 

Ok, compared to some others of the same age or thereabouts on this site (Porcelaindoll, TessCrazy, Spoonman, Iszil) it's maybe a little rough and raw.  When you consider the improvement in recording technology from then to now, though!  Who knows what you would have done, or been capable of with that kind of engineering at your fingertips!

Thanks for sharing some of your history with us.

#4February 9th, 2006 · 07:47 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
This is an interesting change of pace... Reminds me of recording into a college roomate's tape recorder on the "karaoke" setting and trying to mess with the effects.  Good times.
#5February 10th, 2006 · 01:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very first multitrack recording
thanks, well indeed if I had had any technology... who knows! I only had a fuzz from my 15W practice amp and a little reverb if I routed the signal through a Solina B200 granny's organ... and ofcourse pitch detune by letting the cassette run slightly slower and the reverse tape effect by flipping it over.

yeps this was my very first multitrack recording... not much compared to modern day 16 year olds pieces... but again, I did not have the technology...

oh and... there is no synthesizer in this, these are all guitars!
#6February 11th, 2006 · 12:42 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...   quite interesting....  and now I feel old... lol....  93,hmmm  I was working two jobs, and dating my soon to be Mrs..    well, a great bit of guitar work....   nice effects...   love the analog stuff....   I like the reality of the piece... it is raw and it is you... no digital crap changing it, tweaking it.... just you a guitar, and a tape deck.... ahhhhhh  heaven...

JimK
#7February 11th, 2006 · 08:47 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Verrrry noice.
You we're 16 in 93?
So you were around for the big Nirvana buzz?
Sadly, I was 4 and my parents played cheesy dance crap 
This is a really nice tune, I love the reversed effect!

"When you consider the improvement in recording technology from then to now, though!  Who knows what you would have done been capable of with that kind of engineering at your fingertips!" True that!
Although I think 16 year old Puppet is way better that 16 year old Doll.
#8February 11th, 2006 · 01:06 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Porcelain, I promise you - at 16 I would have preferred hanging around with you than I would Puppet

You're writing styles are different.  Don't knock it - go with it.  I like your music, I like Puppet's music even though they're worlds apart at the moment.

Sorry Pup, didn't mean to use your song to give Porcelain a kick up the ass - but she needs it sometimes I think!
#9February 11th, 2006 · 06:05 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This was cool! Nice to a 16 years old guy in '93.
Jiminuk wrote…
Ok, compared to some others of the same age or thereabouts on this site (Porcelaindoll, TessCrazy, Spoonman, Iszil) it's maybe a little rough and raw.
Only one thing to Jiminuk: I was 16 when I recorded Freedom and Extasis , the first 2 songs I uploaded here. Now I'm 17, close to 18 ( March 23'). Just that little correction, a detail.
But, good work for that 16 years old Puppet.

> Iszil
#10March 15th, 2006 · 07:30 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
A Damn Great thing
I think this could be my favorite song for a long time.... How did you produce this nice effect of the solo guitar... Do you know John Frusciante, if not listen to is CD Niandra Lades and Usually just a Tshirt.... It sounds exactly like that, which is great because it's my favorite album.... I love this track.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.