#1February 9th, 2006 · 12:39 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
what

This song is not in a battle

The full title is:    What were you thinking

This is the lyrics posted in the lyric review...  anyway, I was working on a different instrumental piece, and just kind of added her lyrics to it, and it worked, so I had to record it, although I ended up using her vocal stylings, as mine are not very good...  so here is me on guitars, and Linda( My Mrs.) on Vocals...   I hope you enjoy it......

This is a far cry from what I have put on lately..  This is a more serious recording.. no goofing around on this one.. though It was put together fast, I don't have a real good way to record vocals, so the quality is bad on the vocal track... but  hopefully I can repair that later...  

Thanks, and enjoy...
                                               JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 9th, 2006 · 06:35 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I have a feeling that the more simplicity there's in a song, the better (within certain limits of course), and this one has proved to be a simple but greatly enjoyable song.

I wish I had this talent to write simple songs, they are so singable, but by saying that I donot mean anything derogatory, Jim - on the contrary.

I have enjoyed it a lot and u can give your mrs a kiss for a job well done. OH,  Why is the ending so abrupt?

J
#3February 9th, 2006 · 10:34 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Cool song, mate!
Loved the melody and vocals... this was a mix of Neil Young with Janis Joplin.
Really good song... some quality re-adjusting and you have a sure hit!
You are making a great job!

> Iszil
#4February 11th, 2006 · 01:18 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Thank you.... your kind words are very welcome...    I am working on re-doing the vocal tracks... that should improve the quality...  Then I can get the levels better... right now they are a bit out of wack to compensate for the poor quality vocal tracks....  
                    Will re-post once I get it fixed up, while I am working on it, if anyone has any other comments or ideas, let me know... thanks...
                                                             JimK
#5February 11th, 2006 · 05:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It reminds me of a hidden track on the ministry album "dark side of the spoon" but that was a cover of a song called "summertime" and sung through a telephone.

Your techno songs have opened my ears to your mixing style, and in that I can say that from this minimalist concept you have created a pure piece of art. Those panned vocals do wonders.

It keeps me listening - it transmits so much down-to-earth humanness, it's very real - it's brilliant.

bravo!
#6February 11th, 2006 · 08:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: what
round the fireside................love the bendy (brandy)...mandolin

live............nice..will skypeu
#7February 11th, 2006 · 10:40 PM
2 posts
United States of America
Very Cool
I love the way you made this sound! 
The singing is great too!  Very emotional.
The emotion of the song really comes through in the music and vocals.
#8February 14th, 2006 · 07:38 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys.....

Really appreciate the feedback...     BTW, JBP, I never answered why the ending is so abrupt?  Because this is still in it's infant stage... I am hoping to have some drum and bass added in, as well as a better quality vocal track, so I can get the levels straightened out... I have the vocals up as much as I can without it getting distorted, so I had to bring down the guitars and it came out kind of off, but hope to have it worked out in time for the march battle....

JimK
#9March 4th, 2006 · 03:02 PM
12 posts
United States of America
sigh. the guitar work on this is amazing. very talented. I have not heard acoustic sound like this in a while. My uncle could do this, go high on the neck and bend the crap out of it. difficult to get that kind of lead work on an acoustic that high on the neck. your good. I can't help but be mesmorized by the vocals. it says you are re-doing it, I hope you get it done soon, I want to hear it.
#10March 8th, 2006 · 08:52 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
54 posts
United States of America
your strings sound gooooooooooooood.
#11July 5th, 2006 · 01:31 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Thanks alot Mrs Movement... somehow, I missed this comment.. and I apologize...

What a great compliment....   This song is kind of special anyway, because it was the first song that My WIfe actually really did with me as a team... it was pretty cool... and alot of fun...  It has now led her to develop her own sound and her own style.. 

Jim K
#12February 26th, 2007 · 05:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love the acoustic sound Jim.Hey I like the Vox too.You guys have a really good thing going on here.Nice solo.
#13February 27th, 2007 · 05:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
What
how did this little gem get by me......... hmm must not have been paying attention again  wow  I really like this one 
naked toes did a real good job on this. i like the panned vocals too ....... your guitar is getting put to good use.....
my fingers are hurting just from hearing you bend on the acoustic  ouch  ha ha. 

good job
#14January 18th, 2011 · 10:38 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
What
I like the variety in the melodic line. However, the recording is a bit to be desired. The levels are all over the place. You might want to revamp the lyrics. The "What We You Thinking" line is a bit repetitive. The lead sounds like it occasionally wanders in the wrong modality. Keep working.
#15January 24th, 2011 · 02:54 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Sweet
I like the idea of this song a lot - I like that phrase "what were you thinking?" - it really is easy to apply to many different things.  I'm sure we've all had those times where we wanted to say that to someone, or were certainly thinking it, and the vibe and flow of this song represents that (to me at least) perfectly.

Acoustic sounds nice - really clear.

Good job - I'd like to hear this one with a little more production on it, but it's still cool the way it is.

Brian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.