#1February 5th, 2006 · 07:18 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Hitting on Sara

This song is not in a battle

The first song for piano I've recorded.  Now I understand why it's better to record with a real piano.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 5th, 2006 · 07:49 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
This has such a great potential and if this was released by some commercial artist it would have been a smash hit song!!!!!! Great, beautiful !    And the piano sounds just fine. Consider me your fan
#3February 6th, 2006 · 01:26 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Charming lyrics, I suppose, in a simple sort of way.  One idea I had... When you sing "I could write you a symphony" maybe you could, either subtly or not, briefly add some sort of string instrument line.  Violin, Cello, Both, Whatever.  Might be a nice effect, much in the way that you add the harmony to the vox at 3:00.

I like the good old piano-and-vox tune, though.  Nice work.  This would probably be a powerful "smitten with you" song with a second recording, even without a studio recording.  Just mic that baby grand and lose the popped "p's", and you've got some girl named Sara blushing.  
#4February 6th, 2006 · 08:46 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Beautiful
Beautiful Song!  I too would prefer the sound of a real piano to the synth... but you can really play that thing.  Nice expression and shaping of the phrases.  The song gives a nice picture of what is going on...  you know... a story line.  I also think that you could blend in some simple string melodies in half notes in the background.... A's, G's and F-sharps.  This song's style is beautiful and it almost reminds me of an Irish ballad.   Terrific Job!  I definitely want to hear more from you.
#5February 6th, 2006 · 09:30 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
This song, to me, is fine the way it is. The piano part is absolutely beautiful.
Now, if you wanted to improve it, I would not change the song from the way it is, but instead add on a part that brings in a climax. I can imagine a suspended cymbal or a violin coming in and then the rest of the symphony, referring to the line about writing a symphony in the lyrics.

Touching. Loved it.
Although i did hear a wrong note or two at 1:55
But relax it takes a finely tuned ear, such as mine, to notice things like that. The casual listener will still love it.
#6February 7th, 2006 · 01:02 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
I'm more of a 12-tone composer...
It's a 6-7 dissonance, actually, at 1:55...

Maybe it doesn't work.  But traditional harmonies can be so boring.
#7October 4th, 2008 · 02:35 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
why did I miss this wonderful tune?
Did you think about rerecord the piano with a real instrument?
Please DO!

edit
there is nothing wrong at 1:55
#8October 4th, 2008 · 03:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey this is great. Super potential I am really enjoying this. Yeah a touch of a cello or something might make it more fuller.

Okay I am probably sounding like a newbie for this next question...but here it goes:
Everyone on here is always saying "I love your vox" or "Great vox" or "add some vox" and I know there is a line of VOX Amps and pedals and stuff But I have no Idea what the heck you mean or are talking about.

What do you guys mean when you say "When you add harmony to the vox" and stuff like that?
Help...please?
#9October 5th, 2008 · 05:31 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Vox questions:
Vox is short for Vocals, it's a lazy thing that people pick up and can't get rid of when talking about vocals.  I'm not exactly sure where it originated.  But Wikipedia might have an article on the origin.

I'm listening to the song for the second time now, I am very impressed. The lyrics could maybe use a bit of refinement (even though I kind of like the little silly bits).  The music is very emotionally evocative, I really like it!
If you get a chance to record this on a real piano it would be GREAT!!  not that it isn't already great.
altogether I love the song, it's really stirring.
#10October 7th, 2008 · 08:56 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Slovenia
You're good at this. Love songs in this style are probably becoming a cliche now, but I think you've put a lot into this. This is good.

The recording is good, but it has too much bass on the vocals.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.