#1February 5th, 2006 · 05:03 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
CELL

This song is not in a battle

Powerful Rock song, starts out with mellow guitar sound and then punches in with the snare and a screaming guitar right before the vocals kick in.
Vocals/ Rhythm Guitar - Josh Belile
Lead Guitar - Joe Baes
Bass - Mike Galloway
Drum - Steve Taft

This song was also recorded in Iraq on The PXR4 mini digital recorder by Korg. 
We will get better recordings of our music once back in the US next month.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 5th, 2006 · 07:49 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is a pretty decent rock song, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me!
I think it's mainly because it doesn't stand out in any way particularly.
There are a few iffy bits of timing too, especially at the start; when the drums come in they beat is faster than in the intro.
I feel pretty mean knocking this song, cos all in all it is a decent rock music.... but I gotta go with how it makes me feel!
#3February 5th, 2006 · 09:24 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very intriguing...

I agree the intro seems like the song is going one way, and then it changes.. but, that is kind of standard practice in rock songs...   but then this again means that Jiminuk is kind of right again by saying it doesn't stand out... it is a hard rock song... like many before...

what would help this song, would  be a slightly different intro, maybe go with a high and fast solo on the guitar for the intro, then slam the drums in....  that might bring some more energy to it.....   

enough bad, now the good....

The lyrics are very original, the vocals fit the song well, and you are right, he does have a good voice..   The playing is very tight....  
          you guys rock...   alot of great talent...   just bad intro.... 

JimK
#4February 5th, 2006 · 12:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Semper Fidelis
I like this, it's great stuff! rock on all the way - vocal is great - great how it completely bursts out at the end.

the korg thing does it's thing pretty well. quality is pretty okay. The drums IMO come through quite good, and fit the song just fine.

I think this rocks big time. I'm no fan of US policy, thus the reason why you guys are in Iraq - but I'm pro Sweater Kittenz all the way!
#5February 5th, 2006 · 01:41 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Ooooh man...
This reminds me at the very early times I hang around in dark and smoky cellars with a bottle of coke in one hand and ...... (doing other things he he)
But these times are lightyears away from now. But you did a really good rock song. And I must say that I had listen to it just for the third time.
Go ahead guys. Wanna hear more
#6February 5th, 2006 · 01:52 PM
2 threads
33 posts
Norway
Dude this one's pretty cool. Keep rocking and whatnot!
#7February 5th, 2006 · 01:57 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Song
I really liked it. it kind of reminded me of the "Arch Angels" a little.  The vocals are very stong. I look forward to hearing the finished product when you get back to the USA
#8February 5th, 2006 · 07:14 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Reiterations
I've nothing new to add.  I think JimK is right - lyrics are solid, as is the playing, mixing, and vocals, but it needs something to catch your attention.  All I can think of is making it faster, particularly the underlying guitar (something along the lines of "Juicebox," by The Strokes).

Damn, Josh's voice is good.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  But bravo on the technical skill here.
#9February 6th, 2006 · 12:47 PM
it ain't that bad, it needs to Tighten up on the whole music to lyrics its a little loose. but other than that its pretty good
#10February 6th, 2006 · 07:04 PM
1 posts
United States of America
cell
i really like your sound.  it's so amazing how much you can learn about someone that you think you know, huh.   nice to know there is so much out there to keep you occupied while you're away from home.  hope you're having fun with it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.