#1February 4th, 2006 · 02:00 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
A Thousand Young ...

This song is not in a battle

A Thousand Young Voices

this song was inspired by 2 days at a choir workshop held by the legend Scott Stroman. he composes songs for jazz and choirs. i wrote this song on the night of a concert i played at with him. its not really about any1 i jus came up with the lyrics....

i really like it, its nice and funky compared to my other stuff, so i hope you like it too.

- Tess

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2006 · 03:06 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Cool song just when solo git starts at 1:30. You did it again. Great work on the chords and builtup. Minus 30% for not playing this song with drums. So....135% - 30% = 105% This is my vote.
When I listened to the end of the song I heard a wonderful and tender voice. What do you think about singing a ballade?
#3February 5th, 2006 · 07:22 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
You just keep on churning out the good songs, don't you!

Well done again Tess, this is a nicely constructed song that's only real downfall is (as Triton says) the lack of drums.  Although, as the title is "a thousand young voices" I was a little disappointed to not have a greater vocal arrangement - you pay it lip service at 1:40 but do little with it.  I think it would fit in pretty well to have a choir backing at 2:14, and perhaps again at 3:00 (so in a couple of choruses then!) - but that just my opinion!

Well played, well sung, and well thought out.
#4February 5th, 2006 · 07:39 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
lol it amuses me that you expect me to put all these things in my track from my bedroom studio. i'm reminding you that this was recorded the day after i wrote it, i am planning to get some drums recorded for it because that would be awesome. i might do  that at college. as for a choir - scott said that next year we can do one of my songs, so i might show this one to him. i think he had my song "never coming back" in mind - since i hadnt actualy written this song when we spoke about it... i didnt show this to him, anyway im dead excited about that. havin 300ppl singin my song would b quite a rush dont you think?
#5February 5th, 2006 · 07:57 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
300 piece choir!!!
Well, you didn't say that you recorded so soon after writing it.  I did assume that this was a school studio recording as you've done before, so that makes a hell of a difference! 
As far as adding a full 300 voice choir; yeah - what a rush!  Although I don't think it needs that sized vocal backing for this one.  Perhaps just 12 voices, singing a four part harmony would be enough
#6February 5th, 2006 · 08:22 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
lol ok. most of my recordings i do and put on here are bedroom produced. infact the only one that wasnt was never coming back.
what do you think to never coming back with a big choir? im still stuck on what to do next year... hmmm
#7February 5th, 2006 · 09:56 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I think this is absolutely fabulous....   You have such real talent...   this was fantastic...

as for never coming back with a big choir...  That is an interesting Idea, after listening to it three times, (have to be sure) I can hear the choir , with a soloist performing during the guitar solo with a more soulful style of vocal.... kind of church of god style... 
                             so, yeah.. I think it's a great idea....
                                              JimK
btw. I will post this in the never coming back song to, where it belongs..
#8February 5th, 2006 · 01:30 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
re: 300 piece choir!!!
Jiminuk wrote…
Well, you didn't say that you recorded so soon after writing it.  I did assume that this was a school studio recording as you've done before, so that makes a hell of a difference! 
As far as adding a full 300 voice choir; yeah - what a rush!  Although I don't think it needs that sized vocal backing for this one.  Perhaps just 12 voices, singing a four part harmony would be enough :D

perhaps some voices of a gospel choir? think about it
#9February 5th, 2006 · 02:17 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yes,
tritonKeyboarder wrote…
perhaps some voices of a gospel choir? think about it
That's the sort of thing I had in mind.
#10August 9th, 2007 · 12:34 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great track love the add ons and detailing work . Awesome track and a great song.
#11August 9th, 2007 · 07:42 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
Beautiful!  I like the fact that you recorded it soon after you created it.  You can tell!  It sounds fresh! You can hear the inspiration. I really like this song.  I love the way the bass plays off the chords.  It is really mature songwriting.  Really groovy stuff!  Nice job.
#12April 22nd, 2011 · 11:44 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Nice song, I only miss a drum!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.