#1February 4th, 2006 · 09:36 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
France
My mister butterfly

This song is not in a battle

I hope you'll enjoy my butterfly .Hard to not break its fragile wings .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2006 · 10:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
welcome to the Amp
Hi, and welcome...

this is pretty interesting... lots of suspense.

feels like I'm waiting for something to happen here... instrumentals all sound great and well performed.... I need to listen to this a lot to figure it all out though - but there's definately a deep feel in it...

sounds pretty professionally recorded... where, how, when, with who, and in what context was this done?
#3February 4th, 2006 · 10:29 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
hmm. I think.
I think that the timing of the fiddle, or whatever you used, was great, but needed more than the sudden, cut off stop you kept ending it with. It ruined  the mood that was being beutifully translated to me.

Also, the harmonica sounds.........distant from the rest of the song. Almost like it's your little brother making noise in the background, except for that it was appropriate to the song.

The vocals were great, I loved your voice. I also loved how the bass jumped up wit hthe harmonica at the end. Brilliant.
#4February 4th, 2006 · 11:07 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Style-wise this is different than what I usually listen to, but I really like the song-writing.  I especially liked the wide array of instrumentation.  I think the harmonica was mixed about right - any more could have been distracting.  I think it's mixed fairly well throughout, and I'm sure there was a lot of tracks to consider in the mixing process.  Also - the recording is well done.  Thanks!
#5February 4th, 2006 · 12:36 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Excellent... downloaded it.
#6February 4th, 2006 · 12:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: My mister butterfly
very very good.................
well balanced all the way through.......
strings played or samples?
if all played then well done youve got some great people around you
thanks for something new.
you got my vote

the fish
#7February 4th, 2006 · 12:54 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
France
Thanks for your opinion
this is pretty interesting... lots of suspense.

feels like I'm waiting for something to happen here... instrumentals all sound great and well performed.... I need to listen to this a lot to figure it all out though - but there's definitely a deep feel in it...

sounds pretty professionally recorded... where, how, when, with who, and in what context was this done?[/quote]

To answer to your questions. it has been recorded in two different places,in a  studio in the suburbs of Paris called Morgane studio and at the sound engineer's place (for the harmonica and the cello )
I had the opportunity to record two songs for free ,because the studio belongs to an association that heard my music and decided to help me a bit .To be short the song was at the beginning ,a voice and guitar version like often.After I played it with a second guitar and drums,bass .
The musicians come from Paris,they're friends ,and quite good at their stuff in general .
I tried to structure the song as I could and I really wanted to hear harmonica and cello on the version so they came after.At the end,it was quite hard to find the space for each instrument without smothering the melody.
It's a premix and not at all the final one ,so all the remarks will be welcome.
#8February 5th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Beautiful voice, This is a interesting song it reminds me of Bjork a little and I like her so great job
#9May 16th, 2006 · 07:20 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
14 posts
Malaysia
good compose.
#10May 16th, 2006 · 02:18 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
- Nice, subtle  flow in the song
- well balanced
- very nice stereo image
- Interesting instruments
- good composition

There's only one comment: your voice is not bright enough mixed in my opinion. Personally I would do some EQ and reduce some mid frequencies (only by 2 db), just to open up the vocals some more.

But overall: a recording/song to be proud at in my opinion.
#11May 18th, 2006 · 03:18 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
oooh I like this a lot... I do not hear many songs in 6/8 time... but I wish there were more...

it just kind of grooves along... nice

very nice vocals

I liked the strings... but as said, the off-beat single notes (viola?) sounded a bit strange...

but whatever. nice song.

and nice guitar, by the way 
#12December 20th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
it's very beautiful. Like a calm fly...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.