1 2

#1February 2nd, 2006 · 12:50 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Love & Hate
Score: 83.3%
Battle: 2006-03

I'm so glad that I got some really nice reviews on my last song, Maya. So I decided to share another song with you that I wrote today, 2.7.2006... Story goes on from last song, you will figure out what happend...

Spoon

Love & Hate - Mladen Konecky

Dressed up in the dark,
She came into my heart,
But I did not realize...
That she wouldn't be just a
Flavor for one day
She blew my mind but made me alive

And that's killing me, so don't you know, I love you so...

She was the one that brought a
Smile back to my face
When I needed smile the most
What could I do 'cause the
Pain came along
Together hate and love can't go

And that's killing me, 'cause don't you know, I love you so...

The time will heal the wounds, yes, I
Know, that's what they say
But today is not that day
Whatever comes I don't
Care anymore, I'm
Glad to know you and that's all

Well that's killing me, so don't you know, I love you so...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 2nd, 2006 · 01:02 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
really nice guitar work spoon, very impressive
nice song, well recordedreally liked the ending
playlist.good job man!
buzzz
#3February 2nd, 2006 · 01:10 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Problems...
I have some problems with uploading songs...when I upload them, they have lower pitch and are played slower...Don't know what's the problem. But singing sound really wierd when pitch is lowered...sorry...I hope some kind of solution will be found soon...
Spoony
#4February 2nd, 2006 · 01:15 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
amazing guitar skills! still, the solo works FOR the song (usually in this kind of "vrtuoso" playing the song is just an excuse to make a solo)

nice work!
#5February 2nd, 2006 · 01:36 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oh, I see what you mean about the pitch change!  The vocals are much better at the right speed - looking at the file properties, I can't see any reason why it would do this (uploaded at 128Kbps)  - it's one for Mud, I suppose!

That aside - fabulous song yet again, and the guitar sounds are superb once more.  You certainly are a very competent player and songwriter. 

I think the only thing I can think of to improve this song (IMO) is to increase the volume of all the backing instruments slightly so they're more prominent in the mix, especially the bass.

Yes, very nice - well done again Spoony

#6February 2nd, 2006 · 02:12 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Spoon...as usual, your guitar playing is fierce! Execution is exemplary. I am awed by your skills as a player. The guitar playing, to me, far overshadows the rest of the song. To me, your vocals are fine and the recording quality appears fine as well. Sadly, I must say I'm not in love with the lyric content or the song structure this time. I feel (just one man's opinion) the lyric content is not quite clear to me (the lines provide too many concepts, images, sentiments, and aren't clearly expressive). I also feel, that while some of the lines seems to express some tenderness and sadness, the frenetic pace of the song seems to reflect sheer rage. Additionally, the song structure seems to have too many elements. Thus, the listener may get overwhelmed or confused and lose interest. BB King used to say "it's not what you play, it's what you leave out". In my humble opinion, I feel this song could profit from simplification and "purification". Bear in mind, I'm clearly a fan of yours and I offer this because I believe in your potential!
#7February 3rd, 2006 · 11:03 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
OonerSpism
Well well well, one of those songs on bandamp that makes this a great place. Its nice to trudge through the stuff here but its a real pleasure to come across weel done songs like this.

Overall i enjoyed the guitar work. im a guitarist too and feel very aware of the overall level of poor timing in our community! This ranks high on its attention to accuracy in all areas. Thats some punchy guitar!

If u programmed and played all the backing too, my hat goes off to you. Have no criticism of worth, just compliments. Enjoyed the job, well done
#8February 3rd, 2006 · 05:18 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Good tune... I was expecting something much "heavier" when I first heard the riff, and was pleasantly surprised when the vox came in.  Like, you can actually sing   .  Nice guitar chops.  I'd notch the drums and bass up in the mix a bit.  Memorable riff.  Memorable song.  Thanks!
#9February 3rd, 2006 · 06:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeps, this is great.

I mean, great song, very great guitar play - always enjoyable, some virtuoso soloing!

however, the sentiment of it: not my piece du papier

a bit crossover blues-rock w/ metal... that's cool though
#10February 3rd, 2006 · 09:15 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
WICKED guitar playing, spoon!
dang, The solo works so well for/with the rest of the song, I didn't actually notice it was a solo until it got really good.
As others have said, I reccomend that the bass and drums are brought up in the mix.
The vocals were realyl great, at the first "dre" I thought for a spilt section that it was going to be a grungy song, but by the time I heard "ssed up" I knew I was wrong and this was something special.
WICKED guitar playing, spoon!
#11February 7th, 2006 · 01:24 PM
O.O
That. Was. An. Awesome. Song! I got addicted the first time I heard it. It sounds even better downloaded though! You have been given real and wonderful gifts for composing music and playing the guitar.

Just one comment though: During the "Don't you know, I love you so" part it sounds like you're saying "luh ya so." Of course, you're entitled to do whatever you want regardless of my opinion, but I think it would sound much better if you pronounced the "v" sound more heavily at the end of love.

Keep making chills run up and down my spine!

- the chihuahua
#12February 18th, 2006 · 12:00 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey man! Another hit!
You are a very talented guitarist. This is a bit fast for me; not a friend of speed-metal.
That solo really kick ass! Shit, you are a great guitar played... hope some day I play like that.
The quality is really good;  how did you record this? In studio? At home? How did you record the guitar?
Would like to know which are your influences...
I'll be waiting for more of your songs, but try to make more slow songs... just my suggestion... go back to the most classic rock... would like to hear some progressive touches. ( I shouldn't be asking things, but no way! Just like suggestions).
Keep this up.

> Iszil
#13March 7th, 2006 · 10:53 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
One thing I liked about this was the assistance of the keyboard supporting the guitar.
So far back that it just becomes texture, but you can tell some nice thought went into it.
#14March 8th, 2006 · 03:27 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
32 posts
United Kingdom
TALENT!
Talent!Talent!Talent!
#15March 9th, 2006 · 01:58 PM
4 posts
United States of America
OI!
Nah, fuck that, the drums keep the killer riffs in the audience's face....If you're a guitarist, this is always a BADFUCKINASS way of doin things....to me the drums keep up as much as they need to, as it seems the guitars are the centerpoint

10+
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.