#1February 1st, 2006 · 11:34 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
Sitting on Trinity

This song is not in a battle

I don't quite know how to explain this. The idea for this tune came from a discussion I had with a very well travelled scientist. He once met one of the scientists that worked on the Manhattan project. Turns out this person literally sat on the first atom bomb the night before it was exploded. Imagine sitting on an atom bomb ... nobody has *ever* seen one explode ... nobody knows quite what will happen ... there's a wild electrical storm going on all around you. If it were me I'd be feeling a tad nervous. Anyway I wrote the music immediately after hearing the story and named it Sitting on Trinity after the strange events leading up the the Trinity test. As usual, it was fun to record and sounds pretty close to what is like live. Hope you enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 2nd, 2006 · 12:55 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
(I think I accidentally erased my post on this song... Sorry if this ends up being a double post)

To summarize: 
Loved the clean guitar panning.  Bring up the vox on chorus - they get drowned out.  Awesome lyrical concept - thanks for the background info about the poetry of this song.  Cool solo at 2:20.  Bring its volume up a bit, maybe.   Vox distort at some points, I think.  A more than worthy effort.  I am now going to make sure this post actually posts, then I am going to put you in my favorites!  Thanks!
#3February 2nd, 2006 · 08:58 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Yeah, I "enjoy" this.  My second favorite of the 3 you posted.  Waiting for more (and almost expecting "Spirit in the sky" to be your next upload). Thank you for quality, human music.  Goes straight to my playlist.
#4February 4th, 2006 · 10:39 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
i really enjoyed this tune,i could actually envision the mushroom cloud in certain parts of this song!!i did have difficulty making out the lyrics at times(maybe its my pc)could you please post lyrics?this song is the bomb,(pun intended)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.