#1January 31st, 2006 · 02:05 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
Green Rocket

This song is not in a battle

This is the title tune from our most current cd. As I've said before, we do geek rock and this is no exception. The song is about a car nicknamed the Green Rocket, an '85 Chev Caprice. It flys along the highway but ... doesn't have reverse. Hence the line 'only go forward' in the song. We had fun recording it ... hope you enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 31st, 2006 · 02:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this is awesome...

that choir totally does it for me... and I already enjoyed the space rock sound.
 and after 2:06 it gets even more spacy with the weird hold-backs and percussion sounds.

I'm loving this... 100%
#3January 31st, 2006 · 02:54 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I love: the organ sound
I love: the solo at 2:40
I love: the indian drums
I love: the choir
I dont love: the ending. It is an unfinished and open ending for me. Like you're in a movie on a highway driving towards the sun and then its fading out.
#4February 2nd, 2006 · 04:25 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Green Rocket
I think it sounds Great

Others can talk the music stuff......

It reminds me so much of the muppets...........
Jim Henson reincarnated on vocal?
I have a picture of Kermit singing sitting in the 'rocket' being followed by a whole chorus of biker Hari Krishna devotees riding Harleys behind your beloved car(They dont have reverse either), and joining in with the chorus as you motor thru the Grand Canyon or under the big skies of Saskatchewan   Tabla and slide guitar------nice

the fish    
#5February 2nd, 2006 · 08:19 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
United Kingdom
Quite Middle of the Road
This is very much AM radio orientated M.O.R. radio rock. Nice jangly guitars. Those backing harmonies do pick it up well, along with the flows of organ. Does have a mid 80's feel to the song.
#6February 2nd, 2006 · 08:42 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
A very good song.  Back vocals, solo guitar, overall arrangement's great. The lead vocal seems to be a slightly, slightly off in couple of instances, (but then again who am I to talk about it...I do it right and left myself). Gets my highest rating and I'm going to listen to the other two right now.
P.S.  I don't feel so lonely anymore having an old timer around.
#7February 2nd, 2006 · 03:01 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The Muppets!!! lol - I think I know what you mean though.  Rolf, the keyboard playing dog, wouldn't be out of place singing this song
Awesome choir sound - with nice effects.
I am not an advocate of fade-out endings, so this song finishes well for me.
Yes, I like it
#8October 13th, 2012 · 02:57 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
awesome
i totally loved this song. reminiscent of presidents and for some reason i think of shatner. the rock-it man. haha. great work. keep it up.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.