#1January 30th, 2006 · 05:13 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Mantra

This song is not in a battle

I couldn't think of a name for this at first, but 'Mantra' finally popped into my head, but I wasn't sure of its meaning so I looked it up:

Mantra

n 1: a commonly repeated word or phrase; "she repeated `So pleased with how its going' at intervals like a mantra" 2: (Sanskrit) literally a `sacred utterance' in Vedism; one of a collection of orally transmitted poetic hymns

I dunno if the name fits the song (polly not cause its got no words) but its kinda repetative.
Its my first attempt at a (sort of) industrial kinda...thing. I made it to be sorta film/game-ish, atmospherical. Oooh atmospherical! Is that a word?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 30th, 2006 · 06:20 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Well, I am typing as I listen....

Since music is a way of expression and of communicating... I feel Mantra does work well for this title... especially with the overall feel and mood... kind of a middle-eastern kind of meditation kind of belly dancer kind of feel.... very cool....

I like it alot...... 
              JimK
#3January 31st, 2006 · 01:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, it has this mellow meditative feel to it, without getting too spacy. as far as "industrial" goes, it does have that feel, like a mellow VNV nation. would probably serve better as an in-game track than as a dance floor hit - or something for the lounge room.

atmospherical, uh huh, that is a word. there's no recorded fitting definition of that word on the net, so I take it's musicians jargon.

I didn't find it repetitive at all (maybe mantra style, indeed), there's enough going on to stay interesting. in fact, I didn't even miss your vocals - so, it's a real instrumental, not just a tune without words... however throwing in spoken-word samples (movies, politicians... or vedic prayers!) here and there could always add to the feel...

I love that pulsing bass drum throughout the song.

#4January 31st, 2006 · 02:07 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Its definately a great song to kick back to. actually i can imagine someone grooving to this. Its very cool im diggin it.
#5July 8th, 2006 · 12:39 PM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
extreme awesome I like this, it sounds very good,really it can be a mantra, is very enjoyable, I gonna take for my collection of music....
#6July 9th, 2006 · 12:12 PM
7 threads / 2 songs
23 posts
United Kingdom
Atmospheric is definitely a word
and this is very atmospheric - Harry Lime on the run in war-torn Vienna...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.