#1January 29th, 2006 · 12:17 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
Quanta

This song is not in a battle

Hi! This is my first post here. We are a band composed of four serious geeks ... PhD's and all. I'd call our music heavily influenced by our geeky life experiences ... geek rock, if you like. Anyway this is quanta:

In and out of here
Matter warps the space
Gravity is strong
Unify the field

Ten dimensions
Hyperspace
Go through time
Strings collide
Gettin back
Before we left
Through an open hole

The world has gotten
Strung together now
Bosons, leptons too
Take a second look

Chorus again

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 29th, 2006 · 01:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
these lyrics are pretty geeky. I would have loved something more specific... like a guide to opening wormholes or something... and that with in-depth tech details please...

but the production is awesome! great freaky vocals with heavy delays that blend in like synths... or are they synths, sounding like vocals? I'm confused... it's super trippy, that's for sure!

so it gets hypnotically spacy towards the end, and I love it that way...

legendary I say...

so thanks for posting this, and
bring em on!
#3January 29th, 2006 · 02:57 PM
10 posts
Romania
Cool lyrics!
 I loved them!
 And the piece it has a bit of Manfred Mann's solar fire!
#4January 29th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hmmm... lyrics. They seem to be a list of all the words you learned while getting your PhD's.. hehehe .  Really liked your style.  "trippy", as Puppet said, but without exaggeration, wich is a real plus on this one. great job
#5January 29th, 2006 · 06:47 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Your sound reminds me a lot of a band in my area.  I really like the band, so I really liked your song.  Appropriately enough, the singer/guitarist is a university prof (chemistry).  Not sure if he's a Ph.D. himself.  But probably. 

Anyway, I liked the jangly guitar chords that stayed underneath the other layers of sonic relaxation.  I think the chords really carried the energy in the song well, despite their subordinate nature. 

I almost wish I hadn't read the lyrics before I listened to the song.  Don't know why.  They are a bit... strange.  At this point, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.  Regardless, the vocal melody is appropriate and, well, very good.

Is this song typical of your style?  Either way, I'd love to hear more.  Thanks!
#6February 2nd, 2006 · 04:06 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Quanta
Now this I like........................
Well balanced - esp vocal (I can make out every word)
A live drummer having a laf...... Then A Killer blow ----------------the sound of a Hammond sweep just poking its nose in 2 let u know its there.
Then look behind you @2:27 and a huge pink pig flies in with 'echoes' of the mind altering Floyd. Wish I could play this stuff...Love the sound .....its modern..... and free of teenage angst......guitar becomes air raid siren..............ooooooooh:)
love and peace
Woodstock Beckons ----- O.K. Calgary Stampede maybe?

Splash I'm off to the pasture 2 pick sum Flowers (Herbie Ones)splash..the fish.
Do you guys work with a particle accelerator??Bosons Leptons and all sound like a conversation I had recently with a madman on the upstairs of a red London Bus
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 12:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.