#1January 27th, 2006 · 12:06 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
On The Road

This song is not in a battle

This is a trippy little song I put togather with my brother a little while ago. I think over all its pretty sick little song. One part of the vocals kinda sound a bit outta key (the lower ones on the "ooohhh") and it throws it off a bit but I never got around to cutting them out or rerecording them. I think its a cool little song none the less. It was done all instuments track by track one take so its not as good as it could be but i like it over all. Let me know what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 27th, 2006 · 12:57 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Greetings! let me be the first person to give you positive feedback....
...there's something about this song which made me carry on listening to it all the way through. If you ignore the recording quality and the outta tune stuff (which you already recognise), it's actually quite catchy. It also got me thinking about Deliverance (the film), which is good again because like reading a book, your song is taking me somewhere.

I did vote ('cos I do this year) - don't pay much attention as that takes into account Technical Ability and Overall Presentation (just like the winter olympics really).
#3January 28th, 2006 · 03:50 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
United States of America
It also got me thinking about Deliverance (the film)
Oh you pervert.

I thought it sounded like the Kill-Bill soundtrack.
#4January 28th, 2006 · 05:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
don't think I caught the Deliverance movie

nice little tune indeed.

pretty cool.

the part with the "oooweeehoooo" vocals is great, nice wide mixing, even though the recording quality isn't all that - it doesn't seem to matter much.

tuning your guitar does, though...

learning how to play drums would seem to help too, but it's not too bothersome, coz the timing seems accurate.

and after it breaks down into the end part, that's a bit unnecessary I think

so let's hear some more of your work...

ps on little question: why are people referring to some songs as it being "sick"? when I think of "sick" I see something unpretty, uncomfortable, puking all over the place, as in "of ill health" not something to prefer I guess!
#5January 28th, 2006 · 11:45 AM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
Thanks for the feedback guys.

And to answer your question Xenopuppet: Over here (In Canada and the States too I guess) Sick is kinda  slang term for cool. e.g. "Check out that guys shoes, they're pretty sick!" 
#6February 17th, 2006 · 07:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
love it!
production aside... every bad note, every off-key vocal line, is perfect! had the oooo-oo-oo-ooooh part stuck in my head for days... more please
#7March 4th, 2006 · 01:26 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
really loved that ooooooh, I wonder it would be so memorable if it was sung perfect in tune.
Also liked the lead vocal, reminded me of Kurt a bit.
The rest ..., well could be better, could be a great song!
I can see crowds in bars with 2 glasses or more in each hand sing that 'oooooh'
I'd shorten it up like Puppet said.
#8June 24th, 2006 · 04:24 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
raw
i like raw sounding tracks like this.  good song.  drops out in the end, could use a strong vocal come-back maybe.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.