#1January 25th, 2006 · 04:48 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Caught on a Wave

This song is not in a battle

I'm finally happy with the end product with this one. This is an instrumental which means my vocals can't spoil it. The actual performances were a little improvised and there are a few mistakes which could have been tidied up but nothing glaring I hope. I spent many, many hours mixing and producing this and I'm hoping it shows.
Anyway, enjoy! (hopefully)
All opinions and criticisms welcome and requested.
Thanks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 25th, 2006 · 04:53 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very good!  The music really gives the feeling of being caught on (and in) a wave!

The time spent on this arrangement definitely does show.  I don't think I can say any more really.

Well done
#3January 25th, 2006 · 10:21 PM
3 posts
United States of America
This is a great song! I can tell that you spent a lot of time on it and it payed off, well done!!!
#4January 25th, 2006 · 11:53 PM
2 posts
United States of America
vary  nice i love the mix of syth to overdrive in a haze of harmony    vary nicely done the time shows it self in every change of rhythm
#5January 26th, 2006 · 02:21 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your comments. I appreciate them alot. If anyone at all enjoys the song then it's worth the time

The song itself came together fairly quickly but the production took forever and I still feel it's not yet right. Does anyone have any ideas about improving the sound? I feel that it should maybe be a bit brighter- it sounds a little too bassy (especially through headphones, although I think it sounds best through headphones).

I'd appreciate any pointers. Please, nitpick away!
#6February 4th, 2006 · 11:30 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I do agree with you a bit, that it is kind of missing some brightness...  Although I wouldn't go too bright, would detract from the thing I like most oabout th song.. the mood....   Brightness will change that...   I almost feel it is safer to leave it as is...
           JimK
#7February 15th, 2006 · 04:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Great song. Between Progressive and Metal.
Cool arrangements. Loved the sound. Yeah, this is great... close to my style.
Wait for more.

> Iszil
#8February 21st, 2006 · 08:12 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Love the harmonies on the guitars.  Definitley a dark sounding song, something i could really get into and zone out with.  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.