#1January 25th, 2006 · 01:59 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Andalusia

This song is not in a battle

In the spirit of isolation, I wrote this song about camping out alone. 

Andalusia is a campsite which, lyrically, takes on feminine qualities. 

Starts out slow, ends faster. 

I am considering doing a better version.  Need input. 

Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 25th, 2006 · 03:54 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not a brilliant recording quality wise, but all in all a nice song.

I like the sound you get from your acoustic guitar, especially in the intro.  The electric solo isn't too brilliant, although there are no "wrong" notes, it needs work to make it flow more and sound part of the song, instead of added to the song after.

The break at 3:22 is unexpected, and really adds to the song - I love it!  But I'm not at all keen on the King Crimson vocal backing singing "Andalusia", or the bubble-like wah-wah effect on the guitar.  That section could really kick ass, but not like that.

Better recording quality, better electric guitar sound, punchy un-effects laden vocals, and a slightly better blend of instrumental sounds could, in my opinion,  make this pretty good song into something really excellent.

Well - you did ask for input!!!

#3January 25th, 2006 · 05:27 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Jiminuk-
Thanks.  Your comments are exactly the type I was looking for.  The main goal of re-recording it would be to improve the sound quality, so I am  looking for other specific areas that I could also improve, much like the ones you posted. That way, I can kill two (or more) proverbial birds with one stone. 

I will consider your insights, as well as anyone else who is kind enough to take a listen and make suggestions.
#4February 5th, 2006 · 02:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
I relly like the guitar sound, I agree the vocals need more effects as they are quite dry after the first break. I like the vocal melody but maybe try flowwing a little more they are a bit choppy in places. I think its a good song and like it.
#5February 5th, 2006 · 04:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great song! nice guitar sounds, great lyrics. I love that simple yet effective solo in the first part of the song. the dark vocals in that first part summon a melancholic atmosphere, especially since they started out with that stereo delay / doubling effect.

in the wilder part: the bass didn't come through that well IMO. could have used some more low end or something. it works better in the first part. and then I would have loved some drums in that second part!

great song, definately.
#6December 31st, 2007 · 08:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I find the guitar too hard, the vocal has too much reverb in the beginning.
When you sing though you make it all all right! 
OK! 3:20 and it becomes totally amazing.....very cool! Love the grinding vocal.
Do you still have the lyrics floating around?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.