1 2

#1January 23rd, 2006 · 08:11 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Maya
Score: 85.5%
Battle: 2006-04

Hi all again! Unfortunately, I'm so sorry that I can't be more active and upload songs more often.  But from time to time I will be able to share some of my music with you.
There are many great things on this world that can make you happy but there is one ultimate thing above all - its love.
Well, in the name of love I represent you Maya...enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 23rd, 2006 · 09:51 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
perfection.....
very nice piece,beautiful,soulful,free spirited,perfect.i learned alot from this song as i aspire to play in this style,of course my talent does not permit this level of excellence.this made my playlist.100% my man.
#3January 24th, 2006 · 01:55 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Straight on the playlist ! That's 100% from me too - any further comments from me would be nitpicking & I'm in a far better place now after listening to Maya, so I'm just gonna put it on again.
#4January 25th, 2006 · 10:01 AM
3 posts
United States of America
nice
Your guitar work is so smooth and clean sounding.  I'm just jammin' to this and nodding my head and feeling good.  I like to be able to rock out without getting hyped up sometimes, and this does it for me.
#5January 25th, 2006 · 03:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
A really well constructed track - and very well played.  I like the sounds you get from your guitar, how do you achieve it? 

If I were to criticise, it would only be to say that the bass could have been brought up in the mix slightly more (both bass drums, and guitar), which would have give a more punchy feel especially to the wild frenetic guitar playing at around 2:40 - 3:11.  The guitar is also just a little too forward in the mix in my opinion.

All the above is just nit-picking!  This is a great sound and also makes it to my play list, and gets downloaded to my MP3 player.
#6January 25th, 2006 · 06:35 PM
10 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
yea dude...this song really has da spiriiiit. melody is very calming and the guitar just FLOWS perfectly. btw what's it about? is Maya a girl? keep up the good work MEJT
#7January 30th, 2006 · 02:31 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
As with the others, this has gone straight to my playlist. I've been wanting for a long time to write a song that says in musical terms what I feel for my wife. This is it! You beat me to it!

As Jiminuk said, the guitar is just a touch in-your-face or, what may be the same thing, the other instruments aren't loud enough. Doesn't matter, though, I still love the song.

Very well done.
#8February 1st, 2006 · 11:16 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
WHOA!!!
I am not only moved by this tune, but I'm also really impressed with your overall ability with your music. The composition is impressive, the technical proficiency with the guitar is outstanding. I am a guitar player, and I've been listening to guitar players for many years,  and I can tell you've done your homework! (You look so young in your picture...how did you develop such musical maturity?) In listening to this recording, I am able to see what Jiminuk is saying about the mix.... however, I'm not so sure that you would want to take the guitar down too far in the mix, because you may lose some of the subtleties that you've worked so hard to gain (guitar tone... which is exquisite...subtle inflections, voicings...also, the tune seems oriented torwards the guitar taking a front-stage, emotive performance, much in the genre of Satriani or even old-school players like Roy Buchanan, which calls for a "in your face" approach to guitar). I'll be listening for more from you...
#9February 1st, 2006 · 03:47 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
this track is awesome! I like it a lot!! needs some minor adjustments but other than that its  a great instrumental!!
#10February 1st, 2006 · 04:10 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
TNX EVERYBODY!!!
I just wanna say thanks to everybody for your feedback, it means A LOT to me!!! And I can't hide that I'm happy...
The thing is, that this song sounds even better!!! I uploaded it with Mp3Pro encoding, and that is not allowed here on this site (didn't realized that on time) so on this site, this song sound slower than it really is and with lower pitch!!! (grrr) I'm trying to find a way to replace with good mp3. If not, since many of you like this song very much, soon I will upload good mp3 that will be ok. Tnx again all, soon I will upload more songs and try to rock you good!!! See ya around...

Spoony
#11February 1st, 2006 · 05:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Maya
mmmm nice
very clean showpiece
drummer could do a bit more? or is he looped?
pads to support guitar?
i dunno.........

good'un

the fish
#12February 4th, 2006 · 04:06 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
what else can be said....

great job....
                   JimK
#13February 17th, 2006 · 01:22 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Oh, man! This kick ass!
Loved it! You are an excellent guitarist. Loved your solos. The heavy part was awesome.
The general chords progression is cool!
This sounds a lot of Satriani style... guess you are his fan? or at least fan of Vai? Cause I heard a lot of their influences, though I don't like them a lot, being a guitarist my self.
I have nothing bad to say.
I just loved this.

> Iszil
#14February 23rd, 2006 · 12:04 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Tight bluesy guitar work. Very nice riffs. Love the composition, just wonderful. Excellent mix and sound. The production level is professional. Did you record this in a studio? Excellent work.
#15February 24th, 2006 · 05:30 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Maya
SpOOn !! What can I say. Only that...like all the others, this goes into the playlist. Such sweetness and feeling. Pump up the kit a bit and you got 'er. Great sounds..C
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.