#1January 23rd, 2006 · 02:10 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Denmark
Summertime!

This song is not in a battle

I know it isn't summer yet, but anyway...A summer-ish piece of music with Hammond organ, brass, funk guitar and loads of percussion!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 23rd, 2006 · 05:58 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
A very fitting name (including the exclamation mark) for this easy piece.  Very good, well arranged, fun to listen to.  An even better 2nd posting.  Thanks.
#3January 23rd, 2006 · 07:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Summertime!
Ive not heard such a midi based tune on bandamp before

this sounds great............................but very midi....................quantized into the hereafter................i don't really know what to say..................how do you vote hi quality muzak..............................id buy my vegetables to this very quickly.............
seriously though ........................how (or why) are you working this track...................as a midi track its great but????
i think that if u can produce such hi quality midi work u r capable of more.
perhaps you are stuck in midi?
u r obviously a fantastic musician based on the compositional and technical aspects 2 your track.
it just sounds good but...............everything is too clean for me
constructive i hope

70% from me so far

a great arrangement

please reply
the fish
#4January 23rd, 2006 · 07:40 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
re: re: Summertime!
swordfish wrote…
Ive not heard such a midi based tune on bandamp before

this sounds great............................but very midi....................quantized into the hereafter................i don't really know what to say..................how do you vote hi quality muzak..............................id buy my vegetables to this very quickly.............
seriously though ........................how (or why) are you working this track...................as a midi track its great but????
i think that if u can produce such hi quality midi work u r capable of more.
perhaps you are stuck in midi?
u r obviously a fantastic musician based on the compositional and technical aspects 2 your track.
it just sounds good but...............everything is too clean for me
constructive i hope

70% from me so far

a great arrangement

please reply
the fish :roll:
Swordfish has some truth in it: a little imperfection (ie human touch) would not hurt.  In the next one, maybe?
#5January 24th, 2006 · 02:31 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Denmark
re: re: Summertime!
swordfish wrote…
how (or why) are you working this track?  :roll:
The song is made in reason (www.propellerhead.se), a music program that which uses samples. This s a much more advanced than MIDI and the instruments sound better. So infact it isnŽt MIDI.
Im not stuck on it, but I am going to make some "real" songs with my band.  Untill then IŽll upload the songs IŽve already made. "Summertime!" is my latest one.

I know it sounds a bit to clean...

Thanks, all of you, for your advise and coments!
#6February 3rd, 2006 · 05:38 AM
3 posts
Australia
Wonderful and original but i agree with Swordfish and Bratello..unless your aims are different
#7February 28th, 2006 · 10:55 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOw man I love your music. you are an incredibly fantastic awesome wicked composer!
MORE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I also agree with the above

I would have named it Alive........ because that's what this music is.
#8February 28th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Awesome Composition....   Very well constructed.....  I believe you are a bit confused by Swordfish and Bratello's Comments... though They are 100 percent correct... And you are right, the software does use samples.. MIDI samples.. and it is completely midi based, I read the information at the website you provided...   It is great software, but the samples are fairly cheesy.. especially for such a great composition as this one.... I would love to hear this done with some better samples...  Man, this would be tight!
                        THank you for sharing this great work...
                                  And I have rated this song... I am giving a 70% as well, as the composition is great,..
                                 JimK
                              http://jkoontz.com
#9March 1st, 2006 · 01:00 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
I can't see how sounding heavily sequenced detracts from the song. I like it for precisely that reason. I suppose better samples would improve the overall vibe but to me it sounds like an invitation to 3D animators to try to match the energy on the track with their images.
This would make a great soundtrack to the right animation.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.