#1January 22nd, 2006 · 05:49 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
To Do With Love

This song is not in a battle

used loops in this song, using some new software we jus got at college. 1 of the drum loops i used towards the end is a bit loud in the mix, but it doesnt sound that bad.
... i encourage you to listen till the end coz i made a catchy lil guitar solo at the end which im rather proud of ^_^

anyways, hope ya'll like it

- Tess

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 22nd, 2006 · 06:14 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Another great song. Git solo is wonderful but a bit too loud. IMO the drum loop between 2:23 and 2:30 fits at best to the song. A question: what are you doing with your songs? Hope you got a contract at last?

For playing around with new loops minus 20% so I can give 90%. Go ahead.
#3January 22nd, 2006 · 06:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hehe yea, a bit too eager on the loops experiment, but it's a very nice song.

well done, keep rocking!
#4January 22nd, 2006 · 11:54 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
A question: what are you doing with your songs? Hope you got a contract at last?.

well i've decided i wanna work on my performance before i try to get signed. gunna try to get some low key gigs and work on my act, build up and then start ... sending off demos
#5January 22nd, 2006 · 02:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice again.  The solo is good, and you should be proud of it - the drums over the top of it at 2:14 really do screw up the overall sound at that point for me!
I think you're song writing, playing singing skills are excellent.
Keep it up
#6January 24th, 2006 · 02:42 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Good song - easy to listen to. Same comment re the drums at 2:14 but that's easily sorted by a remix. Good thinking on the performance front - nothing beats playing live for getting known and maturing as a performer. BandAMP are so kind compared to most pubs. Could see you fronting a small 3-piece - TB - vocals/elec & acoustic guitars, 1 bass player who can double on acoustic guitar & backing vocals, 1 drummer (pubs like drummers). I'm saying 3-piece as opposed to 4 or 5 piece as....
 - less arguements (you can be more in control)
 - more likely to get work as a smaller unit
 - you all get paid more!
 - space is tight in smaller venues.
Drop me an email if you decide you want to do some London venues & I'll see if I can't come up with a shortlist. Good Luck.
#7January 24th, 2006 · 04:09 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
the drums worked well for me, but not as you had them; seperate the drums solo sounding thing from the guitar solo. The guitar solo is very good, it has skill combined with knowing how to make skill sound good.
#8January 24th, 2006 · 06:27 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
The song's good not just the solo which is well performed, but too harsh for this song (but I guess that's what's intended).  Anyway, overall a very good piece.  Will go listen to the rest of your stuff now.  Regards.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.