1 2

#1January 19th, 2006 · 03:29 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
A New Temptation

This song is not in a battle

This is my first acoustic song with my new electro-acoustic guitar. I'm trying to get used to it, so don't hope a great tune of this. Just some nice melodies with some soloing.
Hope you like it, but this is not really serious.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 20th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not so good an introduction, but mainly because of the loud finger noise you're getting from your guitar - but when the main riff start, oh that's sweet!!!

Obviously the soloing needs a bit of work, it's pretty hard moving from the feel of an electric and then doing the same type of thing on an acoustic - but it's still sounding pretty good.

An obvious jam around track, with a steady chord progression and loads of potential.  Keep it up

#3January 20th, 2006 · 04:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, I'm not accostumed to play in acoustic guitars, so is not so easy for me... I guess I'll record the solos with electric guitar. I must learn to solo in acoustic guitars, that's the thing!

> Iszil
#4February 10th, 2006 · 04:06 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Very cool. I loved the sound and the mixing, as well as the recording.
I presonally I think this is a great peice.
I enjoyed it a lot.
#5February 11th, 2006 · 12:47 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very interesting style for an acoustic piece....   very nice...   You should be able to calm some of the finger noise down in time...   It takes a bit of getting used to it... you will eventually not get any hardly at all... but This is very surprising....  quite a nice tune... 

Would like to hear some lyrical genius on this, so get busy... 

JimK
#6November 28th, 2006 · 01:46 PM
wena iszil wn
I'm Kurt (solda)
ajuajajau
wenos temas wn
te felicito
yap
eso
bye!
#7January 18th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
this is real good. I like it.
I really like the chords you used in the intro. I can see you making this into something. the playing is pretty good.
it's hard to keep the squeaks out takes abit of getting used to it. there's some mic placement stuff that helps.
your playing and style is still great. I always am impressed with the songs you put up on bandamp.

good one
    Greg
#8January 18th, 2007 · 09:24 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Like the soloing, the strumming, for your first posted acoustic song, wow it's a wicked jam session in my head  . Great song, love acoustic tracks. Like to see you bring out a serious song with this guuitar, you got some nice sounds coming out of it.

Cheers!

WB
#9January 19th, 2007 · 01:32 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
To me it sounds really good! the intro is great.
Yes the solo is a bit messy.
Just a humble advice if you don't mind, you can't play on the accoustic what you would on the electric. Try playing fewer notes, play two strings chords, don't bother too much about bendings, scales and legatos as you've got little or no sustain.
Play it more rhythmically as you did in the last part of your soloing.
Give it a go, it'll work.
Congrats for the new guitar, sounds terrific.
Geo
#10January 19th, 2007 · 01:45 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
hmm, geo,
Geo wrote…
To me it sounds really good! the intro is great.
Yes the solo is a bit messy.
Just a humble advice if you don't mind, you can't play on the accoustic what you would on the electric. Try playing fewer notes, play two strings chords, don't bother too much about bendings, scales and legatos as you've got little or no sustain.
Play it more rhythmically as you did in the last part of your soloing.
Give it a go, it'll work.
Congrats for the new guitar, sounds terrific.
Geo

I disagree, you should be able to play all those things on  an acoustic guitar, although bendings come out less effective. As for scales and legato's on acoustic because of little or no sustain, classical music, played on acoustic guitars, requires all that stuff. Although the solo was a tad messy, it wasn't due to these things, in fact, with a bit of getting used to, that solo can be sounding clean all the way through..

Although I do agree the guitar does sound great 

WB
#11January 19th, 2007 · 01:20 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I see what you mean WB, my tips were for a start on an accoustic. I play both and use different techniques.
As for classical music, it's mainly played on nylon strings thus the tension is different.
I think Izsil was playing stuff that could sound well on an accoustic but requires a different technique.
Not everything you'd play on an electric guitar with overdrive will sound good on an accoustic.
Scales, when you play certain patterns with 3 notes on one string you'll need to strike each note, to make it more effective.
It also affects whether you play with a pick or fingers.
#12May 30th, 2007 · 01:13 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Nice
Great work love the structure and it is very well put together.  Great guitar great work all around. Would love vocals though.

The New Indie Kid
#13May 30th, 2007 · 01:33 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Some really nice chords Iszil
Love the off beat almost progressive feel in here.Good solo too,nice melody choice in the build.Lots of musical abilities!great job maybe work the timing a bit but other than that Good one!
#14June 1st, 2007 · 03:14 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I play all my music on an acoustic now, after three years on an electric.  The change is a little overwhelming, but I'd start off by playing fewer notes, slowing it down and making sure that you're aware of your guitar's sustain and tension so that you can make each note count.

Although, for a first attempt, this is far from a failure--I was bobbing my head up and down.  The chord progression was groovy, and I personally loved the intro.  The finger noises are a result of a bunch of things, but they'll reduce as your fingertips become a little more accustomed to your slightly more sparkly strings.  Are you micing this?  Try different mic positions in front of and behind your guitar as well as DI to get a nice full sound you can pan around on a mix.

I want to hear more.
#15June 1st, 2007 · 10:54 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Good Show, Mate!  Tasty little strummer!  I personally like the little finger noises as it brings a bit of an organic feel to the piece. Although it does sound a bit muddled in spots ever so slightly.  Very clean lead guitar!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.