#1January 15th, 2006 · 05:00 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
Beautiful To Me

This song is not in a battle

Written in Iraq and recorded in an old Iraqi building on a mini digital recorder. I wrote the song and performed it with a band I put together here in Iraq.  The band is called the Sweater Kittenz and consists of 2 Marines, an Army sodier, and one Civilian (former Navy).
This was written for my wife. I hope you enjoy it. We plan to do a better mix when we get back to the US. We recorded it close to a Flight line, with air planes and helicopters going by constantly.
Let me know what you think.
http://swtrktnz.tripod.com

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 15th, 2006 · 09:32 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Nice Avatar
One digital recorder, near a flight line...count me impressed.
#3January 16th, 2006 · 05:42 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This sounds good!
Not my style, but is good.
The quality isn't bad at all. Liked the clean guitar melody.
Keep rocking, guys!

> Iszil
#4January 17th, 2006 · 05:17 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
like the chorus! its all a bit loose though, could do with practice i think. im not sure its a good idea to start a song off with strange rythms like that, they didnt seem to make much sense to me. i like some of the guitar and bass lines, they sound nice together. reminds me of guns n roses... did i hear harmonies? if not, chorus needs some higher harmonies to sweeten it up me thinks. think you should change verses tbh.
has got promise though, some good ideas

- Tess
#5January 18th, 2006 · 07:29 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
I like the song . Recording quality is not bad at all. I only think the vocals should not be that distant, if you get what I mean
#6January 18th, 2006 · 11:23 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
Thank you to everyone.....
I appreciate your input and comments.  We plan on recording this on some better equipment when we get back to the US.  I am going to work on the vocals and the back ground vocals when we get there.
#7January 18th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
pretty okay for a pocket studio. ofcourse, you should do this with decent equipment, but it's not annoyingly bad or anything. The distorted guitar sound is the only thing which really jumps out as something you should work on, it sounds too muffled, too dark, and not sparkling and bright enough. Vocals come through quite good. Drums weren't half bad either. And I thing the bass certainly carries this tune, and the mix as a whole. And the song itself is okay too, nice how it begins and ends with the same riff.

hey about that T-shirt? so the babe and the "Sweater Kittens" print is on the back? so what's on the front then?
#8January 18th, 2006 · 02:53 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I like the contrast of the dark guitar sounds and the happy lyrics.
At least they sound happy. Or uplifting or something. The vocals sound a little.........aaaah I don't know the word. It's not tinny, not reverd, but almost maybe like a mix of the two? Anyway, I thought you might want to try something a little brighter while the lyrics/possibly just the chorus are going, to accomodate the mood because of the darker guitar parts.
#9February 3rd, 2006 · 11:56 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Keep on Rockin Guys!!!

And make it home safe!!!!  

We need you back here rockin the USA!!

JimK
#10February 3rd, 2006 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
BTW
I agree with PuppetXeno on the needing a better recording, but considering the circumstances, this is one HECK of a good mix....

JimK
#11February 23rd, 2006 · 11:13 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
This is a great mix. The song itself is great, too. It's a nice composition and has good flow. Recording quality is pretty good too. What kind of mic do you record on? Vocal production is raw but that edge fits this song nicely. If you wanted to add some more production to the vocals, I think bringing up the dry level in the reverb and bringing the dampness, or wetness down would help some. Also if you have a room size option you might want to bring it down a touch too. But then again I realize you might be trying for a live feel. Anyway, all in all, it's pretty good.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.