#1January 14th, 2006 · 07:08 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
In My Bubble

This song is not in a battle

I am interested to hear what people think of this, particularly the change that comes at about 3 mins. I've heard this song about 200 times now so it sounds natural and good to me, but others disagree. What do you think.
Please leave a vote even if you don't like the song. Either way, thanks for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 14th, 2006 · 09:17 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
sorry lad but not my cup of tea.i gave it a 50%(not mediocre,i prefer needs work.i dont take recording quality into consideration,simply because you do w/what you have)anyway the song is a bit dull,needs a hook or a catchy riff.also too long.the change you refer to does give it some life.i particularly liked the heavy guitar work before the change pretty heavy mate.good job.
#3January 15th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the response Newmextex. I need to spend more time on it for sure. My main curiosity is whether the two parts belong in the same song. I assume you're saying that they can but don't at this time?
#4January 15th, 2006 · 02:30 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I think you're well on your way with finding solutions to get some kind of kick through with the limitations of equipment that you have to deal with. As we indeed work with what we have -

... Like the heavy effecting and extreme distortion of the vocals - is great! wish you'd apply some more effect on the drums here and there too.

and to spice certain parts up a little, you could for instance have a copy of the drum track running on a track panned to one side, but then with a (high pass filtered) distortion on it, or with a heavy delay effect.

The two parts certainly belong in the same song. All in all this dark goth industrial rock sound does it for me. Surely hope you will be able to enhance your production quality over time, but my ears definately enjoy the charm of the lo-fi-ness of it all.

... you could try to sing with a little bit more confidence in the whispery parts though. With the distorted screams, it's there... bc you're agonized and angry there. But it's up to you how you want to sound, eventually.
#5January 15th, 2006 · 02:47 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
I'm digging the goth sound, and if you hadn't warned in advance of the change at around 3:00, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

The song is solid - as in, I don't think you need much here to make this what you want it to be.  It looks like the consensus on the problem is one of "lack of spice / dull," which I think you could fix without a lot of extra effects or riffs.  I'd say try speeding up the song and pulling out the bass and vocals (especially the vocals).  Were it me, I'd bring the song down to three minutes, not by cutting anything but by speeding it up, and I'd draw as much contrast as possible between the whispered verses and the distorted guitar (guitar volume low when whispering, to give a trading-off effect).  The plus side to this is that it doesn't distort the goth feel of the song at all.

Good luck, and as for the song itself, again, it's solid.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.