#1January 13th, 2006 · 10:32 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Here Goes Nothing

This song is not in a battle

A really chill song I wrote about a year ago in one sitting, at a time when I had just ended a long relationship and had way too many emotions going around in my head. The main riff of the song (the one in the intro) is an electric guitar that we threw a bassy effect onto.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2006 · 10:57 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Nice song!
Has an original style... the way it's played it's cool. The drums are well done for this song. That guitars in the back sounds good. And your voice is really good.
Liked that second voice, and how it appeared.
Keep this up.

> Iszil
#3January 14th, 2006 · 05:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Pretty song! Very chilling. The voice is a bit dry. I would love to hear it with some effects. But performance is fine.
#4January 14th, 2006 · 12:52 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is a nice song - and yes the vocals are sung really well, but not recorded so well.

There's a bit of distortion, around 2:20 which is a pity, and may be simply that the input levels were set too high for your voice.  I also would like to have another sound added at about 2:30 - perhaps a fairly clean electric or acoustic guitar.

But all in all, it's well constructed, good number.
#5January 14th, 2006 · 03:42 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Liked the effect on the riff.  Kind of gives it a "Walk on the Wild Side" feel.  The bass is a bit loud. 

Lyrics - I enjoy the musical question. "Why do we always seem to want what we can't get / Why do I always seem to say things I'll regret?"  Cool lines.

I liked the staccato acoustic chords in the left channel.  Nice touch.  Good song!
#6January 14th, 2006 · 04:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
you know, this sets a really nice and mellow soundscape. yeahigotadayjob (congratulations btw ) mention this Lou Reidish feel to it (TAWOTWS) and I completely agree.

Really, it's nice stuff. Good vocals, and it just sounds all very friendly, mellow, yet nothing too shallow.
#7January 14th, 2006 · 04:13 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
As others have said, great vocals. Love the lyrics as well. Keep up the good work!
#8January 14th, 2006 · 04:19 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Can I say "bada$$" here?
I really, really like this song.

It's completely unpretentious, my favorite song quality.  The tune is infectious, which is a great contrast to the sadder lyrics.  And oh-how-I-love the repeated bassline on the guitar.

I'm guessing this was a home-recording system because of the drums, but given how hard they are to record, I'm surprised you got it this good.

In short, nice, nice job.  Anything that can be improved has to do with the recording quality, and nothing to do with the song itself.  You've been added to my list.
#9January 21st, 2006 · 05:08 AM
10 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Belgium
nice song,I think the quality is nice and your vocal is very good just like the other instruments in the song in overall very good keep on going this way
#10February 4th, 2006 · 01:18 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Very good....

Love the mood, and the vocal style...  The tag team vocal parts are awesome...

I agree with everyone who has posted already... can't really add much that hasn't already been said...  so I'll just say Great job!
                                        JimK
#11February 6th, 2006 · 11:08 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Stepping off into the void ,fine effort,great atmosphere and lyrics.
#12March 13th, 2006 · 08:52 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Good
Good. I like the style of music and the song is relaxing. I was waiting for some crazy chorus or something but it's fine without it.  Good flow through the song. I like it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.