#1January 13th, 2006 · 07:52 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Madison

This song is not in a battle

Laid back account of the a trip I took (with friends) to see the Poster Children play.  (For any PC fans, there are subtle lyrical references to their music).  Recorded at home.  Drums are a cut-and-paste machine job, but I feel they add to the drive of the song.  I am particularly interested to know what people think of the song-writing in the bridge.  Too much?  Too weird?  Okay?

Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2006 · 11:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
This was cool!
Loved the vocals arrangements... sounded pretty good. You have a particular and nice voice. Those "Ahhh" were really cool.
Must say that drums suck! sounds too MIDI... like Guitar Pro ones ( I used to use that software to make drums but realized they sucked and changed to Acoustica Beatcraft...try it). Also the main guitar need to be re-equalized; try to boost mid frequencies and move up the extremes ones.
Also you need to make some chorus or something cause the song is to flat... till you get to that cool, weird bridge.
Man, that bridge is good, but sounds bad: sound like out of tune sometimes and the playing feels like a bit straight. Guess if you change some notes and re-record it it'd result very good, but as I said, the idea is really good, at least for me, may be cause I'm a fan of progressive music...
Keep this up.

> Iszil
#3January 14th, 2006 · 05:16 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Vocals are fine presented. Love to hear this. The guitar in my opinion is played a bit too long with the same chord. The break is cool and the ending part at 3:45 in wonderful. Drums sound synthetic but not bad. Sounds a bit 60s but really good. Thanks for uploading this tune.
#4January 14th, 2006 · 09:03 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Sounds like the Birds (meant as a compliment--I am an old timer).  In my opinion you can safely kill the drums--the song will not loose anything (as pre-Beatles Paul once said: "Rhythm is in the guitar").  It is good.  Not too crazy about the bridge, love the ending.  Needs a bit tightening rhythmwise.  Otherwise a good job.
#5February 17th, 2006 · 05:33 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
I likey
Good stuff man, I enjoy the off timing I here in the drum rolls. you should try and pic up drums (if you haven't already). Like the guitar riff. The tempo seems a little fast for the song at the start but I understand what your doing with it by the end of the song. I like how the song pics up at the end and doesn't just trail off. Good use of multi vocal tracking. I'm gonna check out some of your other stuff too. Thanks for the compliments on my stuff too. I'm new to this site and these kinds of sites and I hope to listen to more of your music in the future. Rock on.

Pat
#6December 31st, 2007 · 08:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Again I feel the guitar is too hard, but it's such a wonderful song.
Your vocal , which is the heart of the song , needs to come forward.
I'd love to hear the 'Celtic' fiddle a lot more too.
So the guitar is a loop, could it not have been a 'live' loop to 'open out' towards the end of the song, and kind of break free if you know what I mean? 
#7January 1st, 2008 · 01:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this!!
Sounds very early classic rock!!
Love the vibe on this!
Great harmony and vocal arrangements.The drums where a little slack but the song is awesome!!!
Good stuff indeed!Happy to see ya back around too.
Happy 2008!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.