#1January 11th, 2006 · 01:11 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
asylum overdose

This song is not in a battle

no vocals but the song has some cool guitar  i would enjoy some feedback the drums sound horrible

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 11th, 2006 · 11:53 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah! This pretty metal, but is well constructed.
The drums sound really horrible; can recommend you to use Acoustica Beatcraft... used it for my last song Progressive and sounds pretty good.
You have some nice guitar work on this.
Try to improve the sound. Some stereo work could be great ( I'm talking like PuppetXeno...lol), and tray to re-equalize the guitar man! In the 3 min part my ears begun to ache...uff, a relaxed part... that's better.
Keep rocking man.

> Iszil
#3January 11th, 2006 · 12:36 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ya haha I guess I'm always telling people that they should improve their sound. well I guess that's fairly obvious in this case too.

droning fake double bass drum from 0:58 till 1:24 (and again later on) makes for an unexpected industrial feel. I feel the urge to cut it out and use it in some sort of soundscape collage.

I think this is all pretty much a draft with different parts that could work, were they tied together better. it's not really cohesive at this point. just violently jumps from one part to the other. and some of the parts have an interesting feel to it, however you should definately work on your recording technique, the results are far from what they should be.

so, keep working on it, you have an interesting taste in music.
#4February 4th, 2006 · 01:12 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
This is like 2 different metallica songs mixed with a couple megadeth songs... the riffs are so similar, the drums are very poor....   Definetly needs redone... 

Overall I have to say same ole same ole...   that is until it switches to some weird psychadelic acid trip.... very odd....  Please don't take offense, but this song flips too much, and the riffs are way to similar to a couple metallica and megadeth songs... I would try changing them up a bit, hardto do with this type of death metal sound I know, but also don't flip quite so extreme, it would flow better... although fits the name of the song well, asylum overdose... perhaps with some more original riffs,and better drums, the song might be better.....
         it is a good idea, you have talent...
                            JimK
#5February 21st, 2006 · 03:11 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Ouch.
My neck hurts from head banging so much. This is the heavyest I've heard on here so far. I like it. Good stuff man. I like death metal to Classical and I can see what you were doing here. Keep it up man. I'll up load some of my metal stuff onto here and tell me what you think. It's not as heavy and has more of a grunge feel to it but maybe you will like some of it. Keep Thrashing man.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.